Chennai DAS Updates.

for last 10 yrs .. what ever LCO i changed, all LCOs gave one sports channel (india cricket or popular sport at that time).

Ok, may be my LCO too gave sometimes but i wouldn't know as the first few channel till Discovery Tamil were completely missing for me.

And SCV / VK MSOs giving all the popular Tamil channels, english news channels . What else required for a common man...rather than paying extra cost for STB and more money for non -viewing channels. This list will satisfy 90% of chennai people, hence LCOs and publics havn't opposed DAS and still analogue is continuing in chennai..

Yes, if LCO can fill sports then almost 90% of people would be happy with Analogue as they dont need to install STB nor need to pay Rs 200 plus subscription charge for some channels that they wouldn't need. VK did give Colors Tamil while during its test run so i believe common people dont miss any particular popular television unless the signal quality is too bad that both KTV & Star Vijay from the first few slots go missing.

Till Sun network and Vijay tv are on Analogue with decent picture quality most people would not need DAS. Inclusion of Sports by LCO on Analogue will definetely satisfy the sports fans which will ensure Analogue a popular one.

I heard , SCV and VK digital keep on showing analogue cut off message, , looks sooner analog will cut off in chennai.. My Friend's LCO told to my friend that SCV analog will cut from 1st april.. let's see what happens in one week of time.

If Analogue is to go in near future then VK wouldnt have added Zee Cafe and Zee Studio that they removed long back to promote DAS. For me it looks like another Analogue season is starting so the "analogue cut off message" might be just for show.

Excellent. Hope the ISP license continues so villages can benefit from low cost broadband via Arasu Cable.

Also since Arasu already had CAS license they may claim that they were into STB seeding service well before DAS came into effect so the new restrictions wont apply to them and would prevent only new govt players from entering the field and not the one which was there for a very long time.

Last edited:
Already 30 lakhs STB been seeded all over tamilnadu.
What will happen if license cancelled??

Who cares or who cared? Some MSO will fill the space and will ask people to throw away STB's and bring back Analogue whereby pushing DAS conversion beyond 2020.

I believe Arasu would approach court and go ahead with STB seeding on a fast scale so legally it would be hard to remove them from ground with over 7 Million subscribers.

After all fed up with chennai SCV / VK / Arasu Analog.. Finally, today i booked videocon dth with sony bravia 32inch LED.
i saw some negative comments about videocon dth in this dream dth , but some how shopkeeper convinced me to buy videocon for yearly pack. Let's see how it goes, else, i will throw the videocon dth after one year and will move to other dth or local cable (hope i will settle down at that time with own house and DAS will be happened in chennai)

VK digital analogue channel list as of 5 April:

Blessing TV ( renamed in hindi I think)
KTV (degraded quality)
Star Vijay (degraded quality)
MNX(English Audio)
History TV
Makkal
Vellicham
Star sports 1 (Tamil) :biggrin:
TTD
Sankara
News 18 TN
Times now
Sahana
Murasu
Jaya max
music zone
VK digital info channel
jaya plus
Zee Tamil
Republic
Kalaingar TV
VK digital info channel
DD podhigai
Sun tv
polimer
VK digital info channel
Colors Tamil
Jaya TV
polimer news
news 7
Kalaingar seithigal
VK digital info channel
Puthiyathalaimurai
sree plus
star moviesHD
zee cafe
jothi
jj tv
zee studio
cnn news 18
movies now
Mirror now
siripoli
cnbc
Isaiaruvi
adithya
1 yes planet news
J movie
cavery news
Wion
captain tv

Total no of channels : 51

Vel TV removed and star sports 1 added

Looks like there is no urgency in DAS for VK digital. VK added star sports for IPL

Last edited:
After all fed up with chennai SCV / VK / Arasu Analog.. Finally, today i booked videocon dth with sony bravia 32inch LED.

Wow, congrats. Finally we both have moved to DTH. (y)

I went with Airtel as i have multiple landlines with broadband, mobile etc so its easy for me to pay. :)

i saw some negative comments about videocon dth in this dream dth , but some how shopkeeper convinced me to buy videocon for yearly pack. Let's see how it goes, else, i will throw the videocon dth after one year and will move to other dth or local cable (hope i will settle down at that time with own house and DAS will be happened in chennai)

Good that you went with yearly pack. I too did the same as i can stay away from worries for a year. Dont worry about brand and reviews, just check if it suits you. (y)

VK digital analogue channel list as of 5 April:

Blessing TV ( renamed in hindi I think)
KTV (degraded quality)
Star Vijay (degraded quality)
MNX(English Audio)
History TV
Makkal
Vellicham
Star sports 1 (Tamil) :biggrin:
TTD
Sankara
News 18 TN
Times now
Sahana
Murasu
Jaya max
music zone
VK digital info channel
jaya plus
Zee Tamil
Republic
Kalaingar TV
VK digital info channel
DD podhigai
Sun tv
polimer
VK digital info channel
Colors Tamil
Jaya TV
polimer news
news 7
Kalaingar seithigal
VK digital info channel
Puthiyathalaimurai
sree plus
star moviesHD
zee cafe
jothi
jj tv
zee studio
cnn news 18
movies now
Mirror now
siripoli
cnbc
Isaiaruvi
adithya
1 yes planet news
J movie
cavery news
Wion
captain tv

Total no of channels : 51

Vel TV removed and star sports 1 added

Looks like there is no urgency in DAS for VK digital. VK added star sports for IPL

Thanks for the list. I think SS1 is not from VK, it should be from LCO. :)(y)

SS1 tamil is from VK only. even though i moved to videocon d2h , cable line still lies in my home, i check the channel list and SS1 tamil available in vk channel list.
Any how videocon dth gives ss1 tamil for IPL at free of cost..so no worries to me

SS1 tamil is from VK only. even though i moved to videocon d2h , cable line still lies in my home, i check the channel list and SS1 tamil available in vk channel list.

Looks like a bold step to add a Star Sports Channel on Analogue that too during IPL which is their peak season. I remember a time when Star tightened its screws and all MSO's removed Star Vijay from Analogue.

With this channel on analogue i dont see a reason why people would spend money on STB & DAS. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock