Chennai DAS Updates.

Now SS1 tamil available on all networks. videocon dth added it for free of cost. Seems Star wants to make sure IPL should reach all the people so that it can able to make it profitable.

Now SS1 tamil available on all networks. videocon dth added it for free of cost. Seems Star wants to make sure IPL should reach all the people so that it can able to make it profitable.

I think Star might have given SS1 Tamil & Hindi for a very low cost for DTH & MSO if they purchase their complete Star pack with all channels so DTH & MSO passing the benefit to customers so they dont move to other providers.

Yet i dont think this would apply to Analogue.

Last edited:
VK digital analogue channel list as of 16 April:

Blessing TV ( renamed in hindi I think)
Star Vijay
MNX(English Audio)
History TV
Makkal
Vellicham
TTD
Sankara
Times now
Sahana
Murasu
Jaya max
music zone
VK digital info channel
jaya plus
Zee Tamil
Republic
Kalaingar TV
VK digital info channel
DD podhigai
Sun tv
polimer
VK digital info channel
Colors Tamil
Jaya TV
polimer news
news 7
Kalaingar seithigal
VK digital info channel
Puthiyathalaimurai
Vel TV
Sree plus
star movies HD
zee cafe
jothi
jj tv
zee studio
cnn news 18
movies now
Mirror now
siripoli
cnbc
Isaiaruvi
adithya
1 yes planet news
J movie
cavery news
Wion
captain tv

Total no of channels - 49

KTV,News 18 TN & Star sports Tamil removed !!!!

But I think they will be back as usual policy of VK digital

Last edited:
Expected move.. Seems VK gives the sports channels as Free Preview for initial days and trying put pressure on the customers to buy STB.

KTV also removed. If this continues then they are going towards DAS

We have seen this a dozen times and they always returned back to where they started. They are probably doing this to reduce viewership to selected channels. Audio sync issues, placing channels at worse slots and finally removing them only to be brought back again after some time.

till SCV stops analog, VK will continue analog in order to stay in the competition.

Yes, there is no hurry it seems. Until Zee pay channels such as Zee Studio and Zee Cafe are a part of Analogue there seems no urgency to go DAS.

And only when they remove Sun network channels from Analogue we can make sure they are really ready for a DAS switchover and that seems not to happen in this millennium.

Last edited:
We have seen this a dozen times and they always returned back to where they started. They are probably doing this to reduce viewership to selected channels. Audio sync issues, placing channels at worse slots and finally removing them only to be brought back again after some time.

Yes, there is no hurry it seems. Until Zee pay channels such as Zee Studio and Zee Cafe are a part of Analogue there seems no urgency to go DAS.

And only when they remove Sun network channels from Analogue we can make sure they are really ready for a DAS switchover and that seems not to happen in this millennium.
I am already fed up with this analogue mode planning to switch to DAS or DTH

I am already fed up with this analogue mode planning to switch to DAS or DTH

If you are ok with missing competitors channels on HD then DAS is most affordable as its just Rs 300 to 350 per HD connection per month. But if you have multiple tv's and want quality and ok to pay something slightly higher then DTH seems good. (y)

I recently moved to ADTV from analogue though i was a lot hesitant initially due to both cost and affordability but now after moving i dont regret. :)

VK digital analogue channel list as of 25 April:

Blessing TV ( renamed in hindi I think)
Star Vijay
MNX(English Audio)
History TV
Makkal
Republic
Velicham
Star sports Tamil
TTD
Sankara
News18 TN
Times now
Sahana
Murasu
Jaya max
music zone
VK digital info channel
jaya plus
Zee Tamil
Republic
Kalaingar TV
VK digital info channel
DD podhigai
Sun tv
polimer
VK digital info channel
Colors Tamil
Jaya TV
polimer news
news 7
Kalaingar seithigal
VK digital info channel
Puthiyathalaimurai
Vel TV
Sree plus
star movies
zee cafe
jothi
jj tv
zee studio
movies now
Mirror now
siripoli
cnbc
Isaiaruvi
1 yes planet news
J movie
cavery news
Wion
Discovery kids ( Tamil audio feed)

Total no of channels - 49

KTV, ADITHYA ,Captain TV& CNN news 18 removed !!!!

VK is playing mine game with KTV

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock