HOUSE-MD

Contributor
Reaction score

RkcNV5b.png

------

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 01 Feb 2018

--

Nxt (Colors Tamil) IN

VK Digital HD STB Info Channel OUT (for several months)

With STB Info channel missing for very long can we consider that they are giving up on DAS so have stopped promoting it OR have planned to stop analogue all of a sudden unannounced?

--

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil (over 13 tamil channels lesser than SCV) & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over

---

auHXWkt.png

Arasu DAS Updates - 01 Sep 2017

---

wMoK6wK.jpg

---

Soon World Standard Digital Cable Service in Tamil Nadu: TN Government

----

Arasu Cable Tv Set Top Box Channels List

Last edited:
RE: Mass Channel Swapping again on SCV Analogue - Updates.

HOUSE-MD said:
Mass Channel Swapping Again On Scv Analogue - Updates.

Vendhar Tv, News X, Mk Tv Thrown To Unviewable Slots.

Captain News, Asirvatham And Win Tv Upgraded To Viewable Slots.

More channels awaiting changes??

all the channel swaps are happening only on Analogue and not in digital.

I have no idea on digital so mentioned analogue alone, hope atleast the digital users are happy.

:new VK Digital Analogue Updates - 23 Dec 2016 Update

"No Channels" OUT

"No Channels" IN

:k :clap

--​

Now they have created 3 empty slots where they had channels before.

Since we already have most channels from "Viacom 18", why not add channels like Comedy Central, Colors Infinity, MTV etc from the same list?

[next to Discovery Tamil we have 2 slots where HBO, FX, Star Movies Action, WB, Movies now 2, Zee Studio, Zee Cafe etc OR an English movie channel and an international news channel (people never had this for a long time) can be placed.
History can be placed on the empty slot just before FYI and History's slot can be given to Ten 2 so people get access to quality soccer]
--​

:tup

--

--------------------------
Chennai VK Digital Analogue - Current List - Total Channels 62
(As on 22 Dec 2016)

--

38 Tamil Channels

Entertainment (17): Polimer TV, Sun TV, K TV, Raj TV, Jaya TV HD, , Kalaignar TV, Star Vijay, Thamilan, Mega TV, Makkal TV, Captain TV, DD Podhigai, Vijay Tv, Zee Tamil, J Movies, Vasanth, Win Tv, VTV and Crown TV.
Movies (2): K TV and J Movies.
Comedy (2): Adithya TV and Siripoli
Music (5): Sahana, Jaya Max, Isaiaruvi, Sun Music and Murasu
Kids and Infotainment(4): Nick Tamil, Discovery Tamil, FYI TV 18 and History Tamil.
News (8): Polimer News, Jaya Plus, Kalaignar Seithigal, Sun News, Thanthi TV, News 18 Tamilnadu, Velicham and Puthiya Thalaimurai.

[align=center]Regional (10):

Telugu (1): MAA.

Malayalam(3): Asianet, Asianet News and Kairali.

Hindi(6): Sahara One, Colors, B4U Music, DD National, DD Sports and DD News.

Eng Channels (10):
News (3): CNN IBN, CNBC TV 18 and Times Now.
Movies (3): Movies Now, Sony Pix and Star Movies
GEC (1): Star World
Kids and Infotainment(1): POGO
Sports (2): TEN 1 and Star Sports 1

Religious (4):
Sankara, TTD, Madha and Aasirvatham.

--------------------------[/align]

:new SCV Analogue Updates - 23 Dec 2016 Update
(Updates By "ProfSathya")

"No channels" IN

"No channels" OUT

--

Moving Zee Café near to Movies is a nice move, now people get to see more English GEC.

--

Hope they shall add a Sports channel from "TEN Sports" and add an International English News Channel like "BBC or CNN or Al Jazeera or Russia Today" and add some more English Language channels so the MSO gives a tough fight to resume lost grounds.. :)

May be SCV can add all the SCV DAS channels like all International, Eng Movies, Eng Info/Lifestyle, Eng GEC, Sports from Ten and Eng News (Obviously excluding all the other regional language channels and if necessary the Star Network channels) and increase subscription to Rs 150 (should be sufficient for an analogue) as we are already paying Rs 120 for just 42 channels.

Also once people start enjoying these channels, they wont move to other MSO nor DTH and will easily move to DAS when available.

:new Chennai SCV Analogue - Current List - Total Channels 42

--

29 Tamil Channels -
[Entertainment (16):
Sun TV, K TV, Sun Life, Raj TV, Jaya TV HD, , Kalaignar TV, Mega TV, Makkal TV, Captain TV, DD Podhigai, Adithya TV, Siripoli, Vijay Tv, Zee Tamil, Super TV and Vaanavil.
Music (4): Jaya Max, Isaiaruvi, Sun Music andMurasu .
Kids, Cartoon and History (3): Nick Tamil, Chutti TV and History Tamil.
News (6): Jaya Plus, Kalaignar Seithigal, Sun News, Thanthi TV, News 18 Tamilnadu and Puthiya Thalaimurai.]

Telugu (1): Gemini .

9 Eng Channels:
News (3)-
Magicbricks Now, CNN IBN and Times Now.
Movies (5)- HBO, Zee Studio, Movies Now, Sony Pix and Movies Now 2
GEC (1): Zee Café

Religious (3): Sankara, TTD and Aasirvatham.

Shopping Channels (2): Naaptol and Shop CJ.

Last Band Channels (12): Sithiram, J Movies, Thamilan Tv, Captain News, Sonic Nickelodeon, Vendhar, Puthu Yugam, Raj Musix, Raj News, Peppers, Win Tv and Imayam.

'

-- Overall Channels Count = 51 + 3 Religious + 2 shopping channel = 56 Overall Channels --

Reckon, very soon some 20 Tamil Channels only going to be aired in SCV Analog for Rs.120+.:angry

Fingers crossed & looking for "Fall of SCV".

Sun Group & SCV want chennaities at their feet.. ashamed.....

What more to come???

:angry:angry:angry

HOUSE-MD said:
I have no idea on digital so mentioned analogue alone, hope atleast the digital users are happy.

Digital users also won't feel happy..They are in the lurch of often hike in package price..

SCV Package price become costlier like DTHs.:lol

aravindan said:
Digital users also won't feel happy..They are in the lurch of often hike in package price..

SCV Package price become costlier like DTHs.:lol

Read from Viki bro's thread SCV is going to reduce the rates of the Digital packages.. But till now I didn't get confirmation.. Let us see.. You may be saying, they won't. But I don't have any comments for that since we all need to wait and see.

better we can start using terrestrial antenna for watching Fta channels with out any payment...but only very few channels will be available...

dinee said:
better we can start using terrestrial antenna for watching Fta channels with out any payment...but only very few channels will be available...

we can receive only DD channels on terrestrial mode...or may be we can buy a C band dish with FTA receiver and get more FTA channels.i believe that would cost around 8-10k which is again expensive.

@Saiq, I am yet to see the package details , will share it once I receive it from my cable guy.

Satvijay said:
we can receive only DD channels on terrestrial mode...or may be we can buy a C band dish with FTA receiver and get more FTA channels.i believe that would cost around 8-10k which is again expensive.

In-fact telecasting Digital & HD TV channels are possible via terrestrial mode. I have seen this in UK , where people used to get 60+ channels free via terrestrial signal. Our govt should encourage this open that to private operators as well for the benefit of people and TV channels (carriage fee can be avoided)

You can check Freeview | Home what freeview on terrestrial is offering in UK.

SCV Analogue seems to have removed Zee cafe. The only general English channel has now been lost. Hope they either provide Zee Cafe or AXN so people can have access to english programs.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock