Chennai DAS Updates.

Paying Rs 210 but none of the sports or kids are coming. My lco is saying to get that i need to go for addon.

Hi, check with your LCO how much to get all the SD Channels (excluding Polimer group as it might be an add-on), i think mostly you should be receiving it at Rs 250.

The following is the latest update we have on SCV MSO Chennai (if Satvijay reads this post, he should be able to help you with your query),

Just checked with my friend house, the New STBs given by SCV does have a slot for the Access card but there is nothing there on that slot, currently we are just receiving all the channels without any packs. Looks like STB Is activated differently through serial number or somthing without a access card. MY STB is having a card and the new one dont have it.

looks very positive.. showing signs of analogue shut off. very soon we should see only basic tamil channels like polimer network are available and wahtever they feel.

Analogue still seems far from over as SCV is still tops the list with 52 analogue with 42 Tamil and 10 english channels, VK offers 30 Tamil, 10 English and 1 sports channels. Unless Arasu becomes serious in STB supply these MSO's will use it as an excuse to continue analogue.

this is called forced shift to digital. if you ask your LCO he will say all channels are available in digital mode. very soon analogue users will feel its useless paying 100Rs or 120 Rs for very basic channels in analogue.

I think LCO's receive Analogue for free so all the revenue they get this way is outside the tax net (is there a mechanism to calculate exact number of Analogue?) so its the LCO who seem to keep holding the Analogue alive in Chennai.

Last edited:
Hi, check with your LCO how much to get all the SD Channels (excluding Polimer group as it might be an add-on), i think mostly you should be receiving it at Rs 250.

The following is the latest update we have on SCV MSO Chennai (if Satvijay reads this post, he should be able to help you with your query),
if you are with SCV they are offereing only two packs only on SD and other on HD. SD is all channels excluding polimer group for Rs250, nothing i know is given for Rs210. May be your LCO is giving a different pack, ask him for Rs250 pack all the channels.

Analogue still seems far from over as SCV is still tops the list with 52 analogue with 42 Tamil and 10 english channels, VK offers 30 Tamil, 10 English and 1 sports channels. Unless Arasu becomes serious in STB supply these MSO's will use it as an excuse to continue analogue.

I think LCO's receive Analogue for free so all the revenue they get this way is outside the tax net (is there a mechanism to calculate exact number of Analogue?) so its the LCO who seem to keep holding the Analogue alive in Chennai.
yes you are right, Analogue is given free. only LCO will have the count of connections, even you can put a splitter and make more connections.

Can some one list the channels in scv tamil pack. I am not getting puthiya thalaimurai, polimer, no sports, no english news channel except times now. No kids channel. My lco is saying 210 rs. Not sure he is cheating me as I am new to this.
following are the list of channels which is not available in scv Rs250 pack
polimer
polimer news
republic tv
living foods
few of the zee useless channels all the other channels are availble.
kids all channels and sports you get all channels

yes you are right, Analogue is given free. only LCO will have the count of connections, even you can put a splitter and make more connections.

People are paying Rs 120-130 every month for analogue and why should MSO give this for free? Unless the MSO starts to demand money for Analogue or TRAI bans analogue LCO's will keep promoting Analogue for their own benefits and Analogue will be the face of Chennai Cable.

if you are with SCV they are offereing only two packs only on SD and other on HD. SD is all channels excluding polimer group for Rs250, nothing i know is given for Rs210. May be your LCO is giving a different pack, ask him for Rs250 pack all the channels.
LCO is saying no such pack...He is demanding Rs 30 for kids and 70 for sports.. i think I made big mistake opting for scv. When I call customer care they say we have given channel control to LCI and asking me to talk higher management on Monday. Not sure this will help.

Your lco might be 💰 hungry one. He might be offering basic Tamil package at 210 and demanding you extra. But there is p3 pack where lco can pay only 70 rs and offer at 250 to customer. This is the package at most parts of Chennai. With the kind of service I receive from dth., Scv is way down. I feel bad at the way people(even me) without knowledge going for digital cable.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock