Chennai DAS Updates.

MIB-allows-Arasu-Cable-a-month%E2%80%99s-extension-to-switch-to-digital.jpg

Image Source: MIB allows Arasu Cable a month’s extension to switch to digital | TelevisionPost.com

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 01 July 2017

"Aditya Comedy Channel" OUT

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 07 July 2017

"Aditya Comedy Channel" OUT

"2nd Republic Tv" IN

Hope VK does not fill all the slots with Republic Tv.

---​

Last week am saw SS 1 tamil in place of 1st Republic tv channel for few seconds. (one /two week before) then it will change to Republic tv.
Any body noticed the same? my lco giving VK analog

Last week am saw SS 1 tamil in place of 1st Republic tv channel for few seconds. (one /two week before) then it will change to Republic tv.
Any body noticed the same? my lco giving VK analog

The first Republic TV is actually the duplicate of the second Republic TV and this duplicate channel stayed there for over 3 weeks and now frequently goes missing. Before going missing we can see VK changing channels in this place during evening hours. I saw multiple HD & SD channels like Disney channel, SS1 Tamil, SS1 Hindi, SS2HD Select, Ten 3 etc.

After receiving complains from NBA that Republic tv is available under slots and genre and recommended action against MSO who has Republic tv under multiple LCN, TRAI during last week of May has warned MSO's not to place Republic Tv in multiple LCN.

May be this is why VK keeps putting Republic tv there and then removing the channel.

VK mostly not seem to be on the race for free STB in Chennai as they have completely stopped their HD STB ad for over 4 weeks now which makes it clear that they have stopped selling their STB. Mostly LCO's under VK would move to Arasu or if Arasu keeps delaying they might stay with VK analogue till its available and then move to SCV or TCCL as they both seem to offer free STB.

Last edited:
Still Republic TV us running successfully at 2 places since the channel was launched. Infos channel is still missing so mostly no Free STB from them so mostly my LCO will stay with VK Digital analogue till VK stops analogue or Arasu comes with STB which seem to delay like for ever.

Only now Arasu has asked LCO's to submit subscribers list so mostly they will delay by atleast 3 months or might even successfully touch the new year if MIB & TRAI allows.

From today morning am getting Tamil , new tamil entertainment channel
Seems, it is a local channel, showing tamil songs and tamil comedies.

Hi, thanks for the express update. Yes, they have this "Tamil TV" channel already on their DAS list, but this doesnt seem to be a local channel as they are looking like a proper channel with no ads running on both top and bottom of the screen. Can we expect "1 Yes" channel to be included next?

Also Adithya is back but NDTV is missing.

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 19 July 2017

"NDTV" OUT

"Adithya & Tamil TV" IN

Republic TV still rocks at multiple slots. Hope one day VK does not fill all the slots with Republic Tv.

---​

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock