Chennai DAS Updates.

Chennai has around 30 lakh local cable subscribers, lets assume around 25% are with SCV, TCCL & VK collectively and another 5-10% those who went to DTH which brings the count to 20 lakh subscribers. Since Arasu has ordered 70 lakh STB's and if they want Chennai first then easily they can go DAS even if they receive 50% of the ordered STB's.

Lets hope Arasu first digitalises Chennai first unlike the past where it simply seem to have ignored us.

Arasu ordered 70L STBs, , but in reality , it is difficult Arasu to get and distribute even 5L STBs in 3 months (as it is a govt. concern) . I believe for Arasu, it will take atleast 6-9 months to fulfill chennai city alone and whole TN it will take atleast 2-3 yrs.

Atleast all LCO should connect Arasu immediately and arasu slowly to distribute STBs to LCOs one by one , so that all subscribers will get free stb.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over

you very well switch over what is stopping you?

you very well switch over what is stopping you?

I have explained this over and over again. Ok, lemme explain again....
  1. My residence isnt suitable for DTH due to some reasons so no DTH for me [Period].
  2. My LCO wont give me STB, if i demand he says he cant guarentee refund for the Rs 1200 STB nor discount as Arasu will give free STB any moment so get STB on my own risk which i wont.
  3. Most people who are with Analogue are either happy with it or not ready to risk paying for STB due to LCO so wont move to DAS unless forced.

Unless Analogue is switched off most Chennai analogue subscribers cant move to DAS. When the entire nation has gone DAS why cant Chennai?

Arasu ordered 70L STBs, , but in reality , it is difficult Arasu to get and distribute even 5L STBs in 3 months (as it is a govt. concern) . I believe for Arasu, it will take atleast 6-9 months to fulfill chennai city alone and whole TN it will take atleast 2-3 yrs.

Atleast all LCO should connect Arasu immediately and arasu slowly to distribute STBs to LCOs one by one , so that all subscribers will get free stb.

I think the manufacturer has to deliver atleast 50% STB within 60 days of contract so Arasu should be able to have enough for Chennai atleast by October.

Yes, when LCO's are sure about moving to Arasu why not move to it right now? When they can connect to SCV for STB and Analogue with VK why cant they get the Analogue alone from Arasu? Atleast the subscribers would be happy with the channels they get till the STB's are provided.

just now checked with my lco,
-> he is not going to join with Arasu anymore.
-> I asked about Free STB, he told Arasu itself won't give free stb, some hidden cost will be there.
-> I asked about currnet STB cost : he replied STB cost is 500 for SD and package available rs. 180 and rs. 250. ( i havn't check channel list).

So in the end , not all LCO's moving to Arasu and not all subscribers will get Free stb. And if a customer moves from one location to another, there will be change in STB, cost will born by customer only (one lco might have Arasu and another might have VK or SCV).

just now checked with my lco,
-> he is not going to join with Arasu anymore.
-> I asked about Free STB, he told Arasu itself won't give free stb, some hidden cost will be there.
-> I asked about currnet STB cost : he replied STB cost is 500 for SD and package available rs. 180 and rs. 250. ( i havn't check channel list).

So in the end , not all LCO's moving to Arasu and not all subscribers will get Free stb. And if a customer moves from one location to another, there will be change in STB, cost will born by customer only (one lco might have Arasu and another might have VK or SCV).

Ok. Yes, It seems Arasu has asked LCO's to pay Rs 350 per STB from which LCO's can collect Rs 200 from subscribers and the remaining Rs 150 be borne by the LCO's.

Rs 180 and 250 packs means your LCO might stay with VK and not move to SCV. So looks like VK has done their best to retain their LCO's. Also both SCV, TCCL & VK might provide more channels than Arasu for Rs 250 so their subscribers dont demand Arasu.

My LCO says he will move to Arasu by this month and deliver STB within 1 month, lets see what happens. I hope Arasu forces my LCO to connect so i get STB by Deepavali. (y)

Last edited:
VK Analog: Republic TV replaced in place of Zee tamil. Now Republic tv in 2 places. seems Zee tamil won't come back in VK analog.
Slowly VK removing one by one channel from analog.
I barely need my LCO or new LCO emerge in my area and connect to Arasu and provide STB and channels in lesser cost.
Nowadays audio / video sync is too bad vk analog.

VK Analog: Republic TV replaced in place of Zee tamil. Now Republic tv in 2 places. seems Zee tamil won't come back in VK analog.
Slowly VK removing one by one channel from analog.

No idea what VK relation with Republic tv, every time they have atleast 2 or 3 Republic tv channels at a time.

Nowadays audio / video sync is too bad vk analog.

VK always had this audio/video sync issues since its begining, esspecially in "news18 tamilnadu" channel where the audio will come 2 mins post the video so when they are showing a funny ad someone will be crying in the audio or they will be reading some serious news.

No idea if its the same under DAS.

Also at midnight most of the Kalaigner channels, discovery and many other channels will have a screen freeze issue which will continue till the morning. Looks like they are either short of staff or noone cares.

I never had these issues with SCV, not a single day and not a single channel. If there was a signal issue immediately we can see them in action rectifying it. Though i used to hate SCV for several reasons like not adding channels, last slot going unwatchable completely with grains etc, i can never complain their quick resolution during signal or cable cut issue.

I barely need my LCO or new LCO emerge in my area and connect to Arasu and provide STB and channels in lesser cost.

Yes, i wish if Arasu can open new LCO's under civil supplies or TNEB so Arasu service reaches everyone who needs them (when they can open tasmac at every large streets why not Arasu), its actually easy, they can easily maintain the lines with new staffs stationed at TNEB offices as TNEB maintains the electric lamp posts.

Also the state govt has access to fiber optics cable for traffic signals and other works which can easily carry Arasu's signals also BSNL has fiber optics at every streets in Chennai which Arasu can use for carrying signals and connecting people.

Last edited:
may be he will ask customers to get st as he tells it's a govt order.

No customer will busy STB after Arasu cable told its free, if LCO's offer free STB from SCV then they can easily convince public as only free can match another free. (y)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock