Chennai DAS Updates.

I have explained this over and over again. Ok, lemme explain again....
  1. My residence isnt suitable for DTH due to some reasons so no DTH for me [Period]. I never asked you to go for DTH !!
  2. My LCO wont give me STB, if i demand he says he cant guarentee refund for the Rs 1200 STB nor discount as Arasu will give free STB any moment so get STB on my own risk which i wont. No LCO in chennai, atleast for now is not giving STB, everyone gives it . what you say is a blatant LIE!! Just say that you want STB for free and you are waiting for it!! give your address i will check with him if he is giving or not. STB cost is not 1200 its 600Rs, even HD STB is 1400 now!!!!
  3. Most people who are with Analogue are either happy with it or not ready to risk paying for STB due to LCO so wont move to DAS unless forced. Dont say about others. if you want you move , you are waiting for freebees which will never happen( govt is not strong now)

Unless Analogue is switched off most Chennai analogue subscribers cant move to DAS. When the entire nation has gone DAS why cant Chennai?

Ok, i did explain YET one final reply on this discussion.

• Ok, check with all the LCO's registered under pincode 600040 & 600101&102 and verify the facts.
  • Try to introduce yourself as a subscriber and ask for 3 month guarantee for service or free exchange of STB if he changes MSO and check his reaction.
  • See, you asked me to check so i asked for yourself to verify first, now dont ask me to do that myself... ive been there and done that.
One word from TRAI and LCO's will run like a cockroach & do everything to supply STB else they seem happy with Analogue even if its a year or 5 years. LCO's are the main reason why Chennai is still under Analogue.

Last edited:
Ok, i did explain YET one final reply on this discussion.

• Ok, check with all the LCO's registered under pincode 600040 & 600101&102 and verify the facts.: OMG!! i was in annaagar east 600102 3 months ago and now i shifted to annanagar west 600040. in both the case i was with SCV on digital mode .
  • Try to introduce yourself as a subscriber and ask for 3 month guarantee for service or free exchange of STB if he changes MSO and check his reaction. I dont have to introduce to anyone as i am already a customer in annaagar, my sister is still in annangar east with the same SCV digital. who is your cable operator in anannagar ???? do not lie , i know better as i have been in ananangar for more than 25 yrs
  • See, you asked me to check so i asked for yourself to verify first, now dont ask me to do that myself... ive been there and done that. I have nothing to verify here. you proved that your lying. As i am from the same area as you are!!
Just accept that you want a free STB till then you are not ready to move to any digital cable. I have been with scv digital for more than 5 yrs now no one guranteed anything for me. The service still continues.

One word from TRAI and LCO's will run like a cockroach & do everything to supply STB else they seem happy with Analogue even if its a year or 5 years. LCO's are the main reason why Chennai is still under Analogue.

I have been with scv digital for more than 5 yrs now no one guranteed anything for me. The service still continues.

Ok, i dont care if some service continues or not. All i care is a replacement warranty for the product that i purchase, if my LCO cant guarantee about the service and instead informs me about moving to a different provider and get the STB at my own risk, then i would never get such a product.

Yes, some people dont care about warranties but i do care.

Also my LCO moved to VK Digital as promised and will again move to Arasu or another MSO as promised.

End of discussion. I think we have wasted enough time with this warranty vs non-warranty discussion and are at the same point.

VK Digital Analogue Updates - 25 Sep 2017

"Multiple Republic Tv Feed IN

"NDTV, Zee Tamil OUT

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS as they have excellent DAS packs and a proper approach Chennai subscribers would be more than happy to switch over

[QUOTE="HOUSE-MD,. I think we have wasted enough time with this warranty vs non-warranty discussion and are at the same point. as rightly pointed by you its a waste of time arguing with you.[/QUOTE]

MIB Sets 10 Dys Deadline for Analogue Turn Off, Will VK Digital Turn Off Analogue in Chennai? - 27 Sep 2017

"Multiple Republic Tv Feed IN

"NDTV, Zee Tamil OUT

VK Analogue operates with mass blank slots, fewer Tamil & English Channels.

May be its time they call off Analogue and focus on DAS.

Chennai has around 30 lakh local cable subscribers, lets assume around 25% are with SCV, TCCL & VK collectively and another 5-10% those who went to DTH which brings the count to 20 lakh subscribers. Since Arasu has ordered 70 lakh STB's and if they want Chennai first then easily they can go DAS even if they receive 50% of the ordered STB's.

Lets hope Arasu first digitalises Chennai first unlike the past where it simply seem to have ignored us.

in the 10 days timeline? No way.... :-(

I strongly believe, VK and SCV will switch off analogue soon (mostly from oct 1) and ask customer to get STB (free or lesser cost) and try to dominate their presence in chennai region and also obey center's order.
Arasu has to take steps (atleast now) and distribute STBs as fast as possible, i yet to heard any news about STB distribution.

in the 10 days timeline? No way.... :-(

I think mostly by October this might be fixed as there are over 30 lac households in Chennai alone under analogue which accounts for a minimum of 39 Crore in business every month (Rs 130 per connection) which is around 6 crore in GST alone (468 crore revenue per yr with over 72 crore in GST) which is not a small thing to ignore, so mostly steps will be taken to fix this.

By waiting more and more Arasu will be losing around 20-30 crore of revenue (post LCO share) every month from Chennai alone which i dont think they might want to. The same goes to SCV & VK who are currently controlling Chennai, they cant miss this lion share in their revenue. Mostly everyone will come with one plan or the other to lure both the LCO's and public to go DAS.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock