Breaking Choose your Channel URL Enabled

• Thread starter venky
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 31
  • Views: Views 5,175
Wow , what a software, without entering any details like name/vc no/mobile no. , etc, if we click on proceed , it says "Thanks for exercising your choice of channels. This will be implemented in new tariff regime. ":biggrin:
:ouch: what to say now:biggrin:
:lol::hehe:

They should rename Bouquet Rate to Broadcaster Bouquet Rate. Then they can add their custom ones as Bouquet Rate (TS Way of copycat)

Most alacarte not yet added. No bouquet added. Channels have to be chosen over and above 100 channels.
Which is against TRAI rule.
Under TRAI rule we can choose pay channels by removing some FTAs so that extra NCF charges above 130 can be avoided.(only dd channels compulsory)

I guess the TRAI rule of 100 Channels for Rs.130+tax is something like a MONTHLY RENT for the first 100 channels. Meaning, for example,

1) If we select 25 Doordarshan channels (compulsory) + 75 Non-Doordarshan FTA Channels + No pay channels = Totally 100 Channels.

In this scenario, price per month would be only the rent, i.e.,. Rs.130+tax alone. No extra charge.

2) If we select 25 Doordarshan channels (compulsory) + 25 Non-Doordarshan FTA Channels + 50 pay channels = Totally 100 channels.

In this scenario, price per month would be the rent, plus the cost for the 50 pay channels.
In other words, price per month would be, [ (Rs.130+tax for the 25 DD and the 25 Non-DD FTA channels) + (Cost for the 50 pay channels) ].

So, the bottom line is, according to the original TRAI rule, in addition to the rent of Rs.130+tax, we HAVE to ADDITIONALLY PAY for ALL the pay channels, even if they are part of the first 100 channels we opt for.

In case, if our total number of channels goes beyond 100, we have to pay an extra rent of Rs.20+tax for every additional 25 channels. Meaning, if we select a total of, say, 121 channels, then, our price per month would be:

[ Rs.130 (rent for the first 100 channels) + Rs.20 (rent for the remaining 21 channels) = Rs.150+tax ] + [ Cost of all the pay channels we have selected in the 121 channels ]

But now, according to Sun Direct’s website, they are seemingly NOT CONSIDERING any Free To Air (FTA) Channels as part of the total number of channels selected by customers.

In this NEW scenario (if it turns out to be true), if we select, say, 130 PAY channels (in addition to the ALL Free To Air Channels, which have been already automatically selected for us by default), we would only have to pay:

[ Rs.130 (rent for ALL the Free To Air channels selected for us by default + rent for the first 100 pay channels) + Rs.20 (rent for the next 25 pay channels) + Rs.20 (rent for the remaining 5 pay channels) = Rs.170+tax ] + [ Cost of the 130 pay channels ].

Meaning, in this NEW scenario, we are seemingly NOT having to pay any RENT for the first 100 PAY channels. We only need to pay the COST, for the first 100 PAY channels. And the additional rent of Rs.20 per 25 additional channels, will be applicable ONLY if we select more than 100 PAY channels — which is a good thing :)

Hopefully that clears things up :)

And hopefully Sun Direct will actually implement this decision when the new framework goes live on their platform. Fingers Crossed! :)

Others: Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect :)

But i guess sun direct cannot provide broadcasters bouquet as they don't carry that much channels.
My question is Can Sun direct provide their own tariff or plan? Apart from broadcasters pack?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock