DDF Exclusive Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 417
  • Views: Views 70,904
do we need to activate the packs because I am infinity ARP and valid till Sep 2019. I received a call from CC that I need to change the pack but I said that as per TRAI rule I can notinue till the validity date. now my question is will it be any problem if I dont activate new packs ?

Nope 🙂🙂

do we need to activate the packs because I am infinity ARP and valid till Sep 2019. I received a call from CC that I need to change the pack but I said that as per TRAI rule I can notinue till the validity date. now my question is will it be any problem if I dont activate new packs ?

Till last month I have paid 310 RS for my DTH connection, and I am getting Tamil Channels , English Movie Channels, Lots of FTA channels including SD and HD.

But things changed from Feb 1st I asked them I only want English Sports and Tamil Channels with SD and HD feed they said I have to pay 699rs per month now I am getting HD channels only in Tamil, English (Entertainment+Movies+Infotainment+Cartoon+News) and FTA SD channels only in Tamil but Colors Tamil and Mega TV is missing.

I called to enquire about it but from Feb 1st Airtel customer care number is not working properly I am not able to contact cc people after long waiting on call also.

Whatever TRAI done was very id*otic and Still I am confusing whether I stop my TV connection or not.

Till last month I have paid 310 RS for my DTH connection, and I am getting Tamil Channels , English Movie Channels, Lots of FTA channels including SD and HD.

But things changed from Feb 1st I asked them I only want English Sports and Tamil Channels with SD and HD feed they said I have to pay 699rs per month now I am getting HD channels only in Tamil, English (Entertainment+Movies+Infotainment+Cartoon+News) and FTA SD channels only in Tamil but Colors Tamil and Mega TV is missing.

I called to enquire about it but from Feb 1st Airtel customer care number is not working properly I am not able to contact cc people after long waiting on call also.

Whatever TRAI done was very id*otic and Still I am confusing whether I stop my TV connection or not.
Yes friend , not only you, every one is facing the same issue. Hope less customer Care executive s , they always keep us on hold.

I'm on ARP till May so will continue paying Rs 275 per additonal connection alone and will proceed when everything settles down. Everytime i check the list my expense doubles and there are no HD channels within the bouquet packs or i have to choose multiple packs from same brand to get preferred channels and its too boring, tired and irritating.

Please compare with Airtel to Sun Direct, in Malayalam Airtel is providing 100 channels for 333/- ( and most of the waste channels)
in that place, Sun direct providing 199 channels for just 235/- DPO 1 or 2

Actually is just looting us

Hey Guys,

As you know, Airtel has introduced all the broadcaster and al-a-carte packs w.r.t. the new TRAI rules. In this thread, we will post our custom packs and discuss the differences between old and new monthly charges.

I will start with mine. I'm currently on AP Super Star ARP which costs around 80 per month and I also watch English Movies and Sports HD channels, so that's 225 for Max HD pack. Total comes to 305 per month. I chose my pack in the new regime mostly with what I need and below is a picture of the new pack and price.

Airtel-Pay-FTA-NCF.png

It's going to cost me around 150 rupees more with far lesser number of channels, especially in terms of HD.

Hey Guys,

As you know, Airtel has introduced all the broadcaster and al-a-carte packs w.r.t. the new TRAI rules. In this thread, we will post our custom packs and discuss the differences between old and new monthly charges.

I will start with mine. I'm currently on AP Super Star ARP which costs around 80 per month and I also watch English Movies and Sports HD channels, so that's 225 for Max HD pack. Total comes to 305 per month. I chose my pack in the new regime mostly with what I need and below is a picture of the new pack and price.

Airtel-Pay-FTA-NCF.png

It's going to cost me around 150 rupees more with far lesser number of channels, especially in terms of HD.
Go to SUNDIRECT ..MOST OF THE PACKAGES ARE VERY CHEAP........ Airtel just Looting us

Guys, so far I have been living on a hand-to-mouth DTH pack, literally meaning, I'm having very very less channels. All thanks to TRAI. I'm decidng to go for the following package. Could you guys check and tell me if this is a good pack? I think we cant give our choices "genre-wise". It has to be "broadcaster-wise". So, I have chosen the following, and completely kept Sports out- I will take it only when there are matches. Let me know how is my choice, or any suggestions to reduce the cost :)
Channel / Bouquet / ComponentPrice / Cost
Disney - Universal Bouquet
The Disney Channel
Marvel HQ
Hungama TV
Disney Junior
UTV Action
UTV Bindass
UTV Movies
Times Network - Bouquet 2
Times Now
Mirror Now
ET NOW
Zoom
Movies Now
MNX
Romedy Now
Discovery HD Bouquet 5 Kids + Infotainment
Discovery HD World
Animal Planet HD World
TLC HD world
Discovery Kids Channel
TV18 - Maharashtra Budget Bouquet
CNBC Awaaz
Colors
Colors Marathi
FY1 TV18
The History Channel
MTV
MTV Beats
News 18 India
News 18 Lokmat
News 18 Urdu
Rishtey
Rishtey Cineplex
VH 1
Sony - Happy India 31 Bouquet
SONY ENTERTAINMENT CHANNEL (SET)
SAB
SET MAX
MAX 2
Sony YAY!
PAL
SONY Wah
MIX
SONY Marathi
Zee Family Pack Marathi SD
Zee TV
&TV
Zee Anmol
Big Magic
Zee Cinema
&pictures
Zee Bollywood
Zee Action
Zee Anmol Cinema
Zee News
Zee Hindustan
Zee Business
Living Foodz
Zee ETC
Zing
Zee Salaam
Zee Marathi
Zee Talkies
Zee Yuva
Zee 24 Taas
FYI TV180.25
Good Times1.50
National Geographic Channel2.00
Nat Geo Wild1.00
DD FTA Pack0.00
NCF for 92 channels130.00
GST @ 18%46.94
Total Price Pack Inclusive of GSTRs 307.69 per month

I agree it's on the higher side, but cant really do anything about it. I will take VAS00002 ADTV Topup for all FTA channels without any additional NCF. And for Sports, as they are anyway very costly, I will enable only when needed. Else I wont.

Let me know if you guys suggest any optimization on the above pack.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock