DDF Exclusive Compare and Discuss Your Desired Pack With New TRAI Rules In Place

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 417
  • Views: Views 71,117
Do these people think we dont have any other work other than to keep choosing packs every month? So if i sit idle thinking my ARP will work till April then one day family will complain that cable stopped suddenly?

So if ARP is discontinued, then on a monthly basis, i pay Rs 700 for first connection and Rs 275 for additional connection. So as per these new rule, if i choose all english, english news, sports, infotainment (cookery & animal planet type) and all tamil [wherever HD is available then only HD remaining all SD], will it be costlier than Rs 700?

Dear HouseMD, welcome to the club. This is the problem of this ridiculous rule by TRAI. I'm a TataSky customer using the Annual South Platinum HD pack (similar to your Infinity Pack in Airtel). When I was with Airtel I had always subscribed to the annual packs only and the same now with TS, as we need not worry about monthly recharges for a year. But with this unfair new rule by TRAI, we have to keep recharging every month and keep subscribing to new channels as they get added. This is annoying and we just need our old plan/packs back!

My yearly subscription got over last week and I have subscribed to the annual plan again as it was available still.

Why are the DTH brands not moving SC against this move which will cost additional expense for consumers? I was happily watching all my fav channels for Rs 275 pm and for primary connection is just pay Rs 5,999 or 6,999 once a year and forget, now if i have perfect plan then i might have to pay Rs 700 per connection which is around 3 times for additional connections.

Is JIO DTH entering the market anytime sooner? All these sounds like creating a perfect atmosphere for their entry.

TataSky was against this and opposing the rule (whatever the motive may be) and TS was bashed here heavily as they want to 'loot' money from customers by not agreeing to TRAI's rule. Now all are feeling the pain and TS lost the case. :(

Dear HouseMD, welcome to the club. This is the problem of this ridiculous rule by TRAI. I'm a TataSky customer using the Annual South Platinum HD pack (similar to your Infinity Pack in Airtel). When I was with Airtel I had always subscribed to the annual packs only and the same now with TS, as we need not worry about monthly recharges for a year. But with this unfair new rule by TRAI, we have to keep recharging every month and keep subscribing to new channels as they get added. This is annoying and we just need our old plan/packs back!

My yearly subscription got over last week and I have subscribed to the annual plan again as it was available still.

Yes, i experience the same issue every month for my second connection as i usually miss the monthly due and one fine day when i connect it will say no connection whereas on the primary its ARP and it simply stays on forever including all HD channels and all additions simply gets added. Now seems even primary i need to suffer on a monthly basis.

If TRAI says no worry for ARP if already paid before Jan 31st then i will immediately pay ARP for all connections. For me monthly due is a mess as i already have lots to do on a monthly basis and i cant handle more burden. Stupid people seem to be always thinking how to make people lives as miserable as possible.

TataSky was against this and opposing the rule (whatever the motive may be) and TS was bashed here heavily as they want to 'loot' money from customers by not agreeing to TRAI's rule. Now all are feeling the pain and TS lost the case. :(

Now all DTH has to join and fight together otherwise its not TRAI that suffers, but the DTH brands if consumers stop paying and end-up go missing.

Ok, my head is blasting thinking all these. :confused: I need to forget this for a while and decide next week if people like me find a solution. ;) Will keep watching this thread. :D

I think illegal iptv will penetrate into Indian market. As people have access to fast internet at reasonable price.

House MD bro choose each TV what each of family wants subscribe to that channels only to save one has noway out.Or pay for a year and see if your DTH operator helps you in continuing same pack for next year,by that time most of channel prices will definitely come to Rs5-10 range and HD channels will come to Rs 8-12 range I am sure except Cricket channels like Star sports 1 and Ten six they will definitely hold to Rs 19 price for next 1 year because of cricket crAze in India

All are requested to don't take alacarte except sports channel which price is more then RS.10 & also not take bouquets in first month so that all broadcaster would think to reduce price of alacarte channels.

I have stopped calculating new tariff now! If I take only sports channels that too will take my monthly rental to almost 300 whereas currently I am paying 251 for bengali regional+hindi entertainment+hindi movies+29hd including all sports hd channels. So finally decided to suspend or surrender my airtel dth if the new TRAI rule is going to be implemented from Feb 1st. Spending 400-500 bucks that too including 150 bucks for at all no reason is not feasible to me at least. If any extension happens or changes in prices happen then only I will decide twice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock