Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
instantly me only thought the same.but that is not correct one.
if we calculate according to that/what we understood initially,then calculation will be like this.
25 DD + 75 pay channels = 100 channels for 130+Tax
and 20rs more for additional 25 channels.
then 25DD+100 pay channels =125 channels for 150rs+Tax.

the process will go like this right.
then can anyone buy single Ale-carte channel for 15-20Rs?
if this is the process then we get channels in most cheapest price ever.
Mate with due respect @Siva explained it the best possible way he could. Yet you keep getting confused and on top make posts where it doesn't seem like you've fully understood it. I suggest you watch TRAI secretary interview show on YouTube and then refer to Siva's posts for further clarifications.

He's given 2 hypothetical scenarios. He's not wrong by any means. What he saying is the NCF can be used as you like. Free or pay depends on you. Incase you select pay channels you have to pay the Mrp of that particular channel or bouquet on top of NCF. There's no obligation to choose only free to air channels and he hasn't said that anywhere it's mandatory.
The part 5 of Jan10 note is just in one line so no hypothetical scenario for my understanding.
Yes the TRAI suggestive packs are just on line you and others think:
https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/SuggestiveBouquet19122018.pdf
For me the confusion is: If i have liberty to make any of 75 channels in ₹130 NCF then what's in favor of me as i have to pay much more then what i am paying today and then this compulsory ₹153 ?

The part 5 of Jan10 note is just in one line so no hypothetical scenario for my understanding.
Yes the TRAI suggestive packs are just on line you and others think:
https://channeltariff.trai.gov.in/data/SuggestiveBouquet19122018.pdf
For me the confusion is: If i have liberty to make any of 75 channels in ₹130 NCF then what's in favor of me as i have to pay much more then what i am paying today and then this compulsory ₹153 ?
Answer is nothing is in favour of us. TRAI is just making us fool that's it. We will end up paying much more than we are paying today. End of story

Mate with due respect @Siva explained it the best possible way he could. Yet you keep getting confused and on top make posts where it doesn't seem like you've fully understood it. I suggest you watch TRAI secretary interview show on YouTube and then refer to Siva's posts for further clarifications.
I understood what siva said ,i just clarifying him that the above process i calculated is wrong process.
that is the wrong way many people are calculating.
i just answered him in reverse way.

TRAI should open a university to understand this new rules and if any student completely understands this new rules should be awarded with degree for eligibility to use DTH or Cable service:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I doubt even they understand the rules watching their interviews and press releases. Can't get the fact how they claim so bluntly that our monthly bill will reduce. I think they must go to elementary school first:lol:

May be things sorted out after some time when new rule implemented. Because fta broadcasters pay to dth because more n more subscribers watch their channels if no body will subscribe or less no. Of subscribers select fta channels due to NCF that was the biggest loss for Fta broadcasters and dth. No one will ready to pay for Fta channels as well as pay channels

Main FTA channels will lose heavily on their representation in number. Currently all DTHs give certain popular FTA channels in their basepack, irrespective of language or region.
With new selection option, majority subscribers outside the channel's language or region won't pick the channel to add.
eg: Hindi GEC, Hindi news, devotional channels.

Screenshot-20190113-091010.png
TRAI-16-X25-AD-English.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock