Discussion Confusion clearing thread regarding TRAI rate changes effective 1st February

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much i need to pay if i select 30 fta channels and 10 pay channels which cost 10 per channel in new trai rule

₹154(NCF+tax)+₹11.8(Channel price+tax)*10=₹272
How much i need to pay if i select 30 fta channels and 10 pay channels which cost 10 per channel in new trai rule

Last edited:
Exactly bro. And mandatory DD channels should be left out of NCF.
It just a simple step for them ,right?
I think they wants to gets stronger the ddfd by pushing out private dths by this rule...

It just a simple step for them ,right?
I think they wants to gets stronger the ddfd by pushing out private dths by this rule...
Trai did not put a minimum NCF rule, so DTHs exploiting the maximum NCF rule.

STAR is trying to fool viewers. They are going to court over TRAI orders and increasing prices of their channels. Later when TRAI order implemented, they will blame TRAI for increase in prices, while reality is that STAR has increased its prices.
Pre-TRAI order rates are given here. Offerings
For example:
STAR plus - ₹19 (old-₹7.87)
STAR suvarna - ₹19 (old-₹5.04)
STAR Vijay -₹17(old-₹5.30)
MAA TV -₹19 (old-₹5.25)
STAR Jalsha - ₹19 (old-₹5.04)
asianet - ₹19 (old-₹5.23)
STAR movies - ₹12 (old₹7.42)
STAR sports channels - ₹17-19 (old-₹14-16)
infact almost all channels prices except HD channels have increased. Compare above link with new prices - A-la-Carte offers you to pick the Channels of your Choice from Star Network

STAR is trying to fool viewers. They are going to court over TRAI orders and increasing prices of their channels. Later when TRAI order implemented, they will blame TRAI for increase in prices, while reality is that STAR has increased its prices.
Pre-TRAI order rates are given here. Offerings
For example:
STAR plus - ₹19 (old-₹7.87)
STAR suvarna - ₹19 (old-₹5.04)
STAR Vijay -₹17(old-₹5.30)
MAA TV -₹19 (old-₹5.25)
STAR Jalsha - ₹19 (old-₹5.04)
asianet - ₹19 (old-₹5.23)
STAR movies - ₹12 (old₹7.42)
STAR sports channels - ₹17-19 (old-₹14-16)
infact almost all channels prices except HD channels have increased. Compare above link with new prices - A-la-Carte offers you to pick the Channels of your Choice from Star Network
What about Star Sports HD1, HD2 and Star Sports 1 Hindi HD which were priced 35 in the old regime. They are now priced at 19. Many other HD channel prices have been reduced. Shouldn't we consider the reduction as well?

What about Star Sports HD1, HD2 and Star Sports 1 Hindi HD which were priced 35 in the old regime. They are now priced at 19. Many other HD channel prices have been reduced. Shouldn't we consider the reduction as well?
yeah, I had stated that in my post that except hd channels almost all other channels are priced higher, but also note that Trai had limited the price of channels to ₹19, so they could not price hd channels higher and had no choice but to reduce price of hd channels.

The channels I have mentioned are viewed by majority of the people, but most people don't view hd channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock