Seeking Help Dialog DTH signals

ashok.dishtv

Contributor
Reaction score
Dear friends, I'm residing in Hosur, Tamilnadu. I tried to get Dialog DTH signal but unable to track using Tatasky 60cm dish. Let me know can I get this signals in my location? And kindly share easy traceable frequency numbers. If 60cm reflector won't support, can I use Sun direct dish to track this signal?

Dialog TV DTH satellite (Intelsat 38 at 45.0°E) is trackable in south India. I am from Thrissur, Kerala and tracked easily with tatasky dish. But all channels are scrambled. Use Quicksat app to detect the angles and direction.

Dialog TV DTH satellite (Intelsat 38 at 45.0°E) is trackable in south India. I am from Thrissur, Kerala and tracked easily with tatasky dish. But all channels are scrambled. Use Quicksat app to detect the angles and direction.
Kindly Share TP information bro

Recently Dialog DTH has shifted from old sat (Intelsat-904) to Intelsat-38. It's on a spot beam on this new sat which has a narrow footprint. Only Srilanka and the nearby area are covered with strong signal. That is, only Kerala and Tamilnadu in India receives the same strong signal as in Srilanka, whereas it needs 90cm dish for Karanatka and Andhra Pradesh. In your area, you need a bigger size dish to catch this signal with enough strength and quality.

Recently Dialog DTH has shifted from old sat (Intelsat-904) to Intelsat-38. It's on a spot beam on this new sat which has a narrow footprint. Only Srilanka and the nearby area are covered with strong signal. That is, only Kerala and Tamilnadu in India receives the same strong signal as in Srilanka, whereas it needs 90cm dish for Karanatka and Andhra Pradesh. In your area, you need a bigger size dish to catch this signal with enough strength and quality.
Can I use latest sun direct Dish? I think it's bigger than Tatasky dish

If you are from Tamil Nadu or Kerala 60 cm dish is more than sufficient for tracking. No need a 90 cm dish. You can use any DTH dish and LNB to track. But to watch the channels you need a cccam working FTA receiver and a live cccam server.

If you are from Tamil Nadu or Kerala 60 cm dish is more than sufficient for tracking. No need a 90 cm dish. You can use any DTH dish and LNB to track. But to watch the channels you need a cccam working FTA receiver and a live cccam server.
I have cccam STB, but unable to track that signal. Kindly tell me the transponder information of Dialog DTH. And Tel me can I track that signal in Bengaluru? Have enough footage here...

To track any satellite we need a minimum these tools (1) satellite DB Meter (purchase link) (2) a small coaxial cable with F connectors (purchase link) (3) spanners and star screw drivers to loose and tight antenna and LNB (4) permeant marker pen (link)

Watch YouTube videos how to use satellite db meter

Take a smart phone and install QuickSat app (play store link), watch YouTube videos how to use QuickSat app. Know these 3 parameters of satellite (1) Azimuth angle, it is rotation or direction of antenna face, 0 means exact north direction, 90 east, 180 south, 270 west, 360 (= 0) north. Eg. if azimuth is 190 we can assume that it is between south and west and just 10 degrees from south (190 = 180+10), ie starting point of south west direction. (2) elevation, it is the up and down direction of antenna face, 0 means exact horizontal 90 means exact vertical, elevation is always between 0 and 90 degrees. Eg. if 10 degrees face is just up from horizondal, if 45 degrees it is half between horizontal and vertical (3) Cross polarisation or LNB skew. In LNB there is a zero mark, that zero mark is always towards the exact south direction (or 180 degree azimuth angle)

Mark the current angles in the dish antenna using a permanent marker pen ( if we required to fix in the first satellite location, it will help)
Fix the antenna to dialogue tv direction and mark angles using permanent marker pen.
Enter correct parameters in the FTA receiver like satellite name, LNB frequency 9750 - 10600, DiSEqC switch if more than one LNB is used etc.
Make a blind scan, you will surely get the signals.
Dialogue TV new TP available in you tube videos (watch this)
Like this you can track any satellite if coverage is available
To know coverage map (footprint) visit LyngSat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock