Seeking Help Dish TV HD : Channel suddenly switches to default

RahulD

Reaction score
I've been facing a problem with my Dish TV HD viewing. When a channel has been on unchanged for about 30 mins, ( no changing channels in between) the screen briefly goes blank and switches to the default channel - 95. I then have to go back to the channel I was watching. If I switch channels in between, there is no problem.
I've tried `restore factory settings' but it did not help.

A little background may help: A couple of weeks ago, the menu stopped displaying the program guide under each TV channel (only the channel name appeared).
When the factory reset did not help, it was believed the problem was with the STB and a technician arrived the next day. By that time, the problem no longer existed. I was told this happens from time to time and resolves on its own. Nevertheless the technician checked the settings to ensure everything was OK. After that, the menu options appeared in a different layout and font. The default language suddenly changed (I reset it and its been ok since) and I now have the problem I've described. When watching the news (for e.g) and the channel is on for about 30 mins, without any change, it changes on its own to the default channel (channel 95) which appears when the set is switched on. How to I rectify this ? I do not want to call a technician again, if I can avoid it.

Looks like it's from dishtv background activity not Ur StB problem

Looks like it's from dishtv background activity not Ur StB problem

Hi Amit,
No other set/remote in the vicinity of my set is bring used. This wasn't happening in the past year since I installed the system.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock