DTH updates Dish TV, Tata Sky hold 24% each share of active DTH subs base in Sept quarter.

• Thread starter arsja
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 2,116

arsja

Contributor
Reaction score
Dish TV and Tata Sky are neck to neck with 24% each share of the active DTH subscriber base in India for the quarter ended 30 September, according to TRAI’s Performance Indicator Report. Tata Sky gained 1% share over the previous quarter at the expense of Videocon d2h while the share of other DTH operators remained unchanged.

Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/author/uploader1/ | TelevisionPost.com

Bro, we both created threads for same topic. I think we can merge it together. I will ask mods to merge my thread to yours :)

And after September, TS acquired RDTV customers. So it willgo up.

Looks like this report was for last quarter, I believe Tata sky would have added more subscribers in current quarter through its acquisition offer for RDTV users.

Anyways it would be interesting to see same report for last quarter of this year, I expect top position to be changed.

Direct to home (DTH) operators Dish TV and Tata Sky are neck to neck with 24% each share of the active DTH subscriber base in India for the quarter ended 30 September, according to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) Performance Indicator Report.

In the previous quarter, Dish TV led the pay DTH market with a 24% share of active subscribers while Tata Sky had 23% share.

For the quarter ended 30 September, Airtel Digital was the second largest DTH operator after Dish TV and Tata Sky with 21% share of the active subscribers followed by Videocon d2h (19%), Sun Direct (10%) and Reliance Digital TV (2%).

Dish TV, Tata Sky hold 24% each share of active DTH subs base in Sept quarter | TelevisionPost.com

On individual basis OK but now it is Dishtv Videocon so 24%+19%=43% combined.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock