DDF Exclusive Dish TV’s Jawahar Goel on Jio GigaFiber, content deals, tariff order and DTH licence fee

Amit1079

Contributor
Reaction score
Dish TV’s Jawahar Goel on Jio GigaFiber, content deals, tariff order and DTH licence fee – TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI
MUMBAI: Dish TV chairman and managing director (CMD) Jawahar Goel has said that Reliance Jio’s fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) broadband service Jio GigaFiber will have an impact on top 20 to 30 cities.

Talking about content deals, Goel said that the DTH operator is doing short-term fixed fee deals with broadcasters, however, it will not shy away from doing deals based on reference interconnect offer (RIO).
“We are expecting broadcasters to come out with their tariff as per the new tariff order, which is now effective from 3 July. We are preparing ourselves by talking to broadcasters and stakeholders, about their MRP pricing,” he noted.
According to Goel, the new tariff order will pave the way for a two-way partnership between distributors and broadcasters. “I think it is an opportunity, because the pay broadcasters, they never used to meet you. They only came to sign a contract for a year or two and then disappeared. So, I think it will create a partnership kind of a life going forward, and if they want to earn that revenue they have to sit with us and do the marketing of their content. So, I think it will be a partnership model,” he said.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock