Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

After this acquisition Disney india have 5 TV brands(Star,espn,UTV,Disney(kids),NGC) and about 70+ channels. 3 bigger TV and movie production houses(Fox star studios, UTV motion pictures,endemol shine india),one DTH company,Hotstar... and more.What they are in the world the same position they are going to make in India.

What all matches will Sony lose if espn exit from them? Or sports shown in espn are property of espn or sony just uses espn to showcase their property?

Expected Star Sports ESPN back again
Better is to rebrand Star sports select channels to espn1&2(with their independant logo as earlier) .Its 3 major pros are
1.Presence of ESPN brand in India continues.
2.Escape from the bigger logos of SS select channels. Espn logo is compacted and comfortable.
3.Keeping standard for espn(Since Select channels telecast premium contents. Also special shows like IPL dugout etc.).For an international brand like espn its not fair that sony used it to telecast Celebrity cricket league,Worldcup in regional languages etc.

Better is to rebrand Star sports select channels to espn1&2(with their independant logo as earlier) .Its 3 major pros are
1.Presence of ESPN brand in India continues.
2.Escape from the bigger logos of SS select channels. Espn logo is compacted and comfortable.
3.Keeping standard for espn(Since Select channels telecast premium contents. Also special shows like IPL dugout etc.).For an international brand like espn its not fair that sony used it to telecast Celebrity cricket league,Worldcup in regional languages etc.
I agree bro

What will be the affect on Star India for this deal?
Are some channels being shut down?
I m too much anxious about Star India for their future.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock