Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

What will be the affect on Star India for this deal?
Are some channels being shut down?
I m too much anxious about Star India for their future.
Its sure that Disney won't rename star to disney or anything. May they rename the company to Disney star india.But it won't appear in channel logos.Disneys past take overs are the main evidences for it. Even in India as a TV brand UTV is very nano, but they don't do anything in brand name. So I think they move brave with Indias biggest TV network Star,by knowing its brand value.

Its sure that Disney won't rename star to disney or anything. May they rename the company to Disney star india.But it won't appear in channel logos.Disneys past take overs are the main evidences for it. Even in India as a TV brand UTV is very nano, but they don't do anything in brand name. So I think they move brave with Indias biggest TV network Star,by knowing its brand value.
Now Disney channel, UTV Movies, UTV Action, Bindass, Disney International HD all channels will be sister channels of Star India channels?

Better is to rebrand Star sports select channels to espn1&2(with their independant logo as earlier) .Its 3 major pros are
1.Presence of ESPN brand in India continues.
2.Escape from the bigger logos of SS select channels. Espn logo is compacted and comfortable.
3.Keeping standard for espn(Since Select channels telecast premium contents. Also special shows like IPL dugout etc.).For an international brand like espn its not fair that sony used it to telecast Celebrity cricket league,Worldcup in regional languages etc.

Fully agree bro

Now Disney channel, UTV Movies, UTV Action, Bindass, Disney International HD all channels will be sister channels of Star India channels?
I think that they will withdraw UTV channels since they get a plenty of channels from Star.Disney channels and national geographic channels will run as sister brands. Bindass may added to Star bouquet.

Last edited:
I think disney may look to rename star sports channels under ESPN brand as ESPN would like to cement it's brand position in asia again.

Disney get major control over India's sports and entertainment through television with star. Apart from that an interesting thing found Star is stronger where disney not,at the same time Disney is stronger where Star is weaker.Star get failed in Kids(baby tv) and youth entertainment (channel V) section while Disney channels and Bindass are performing very well. So star network can shine in 2 more genres.

Star once demolished espn from asia, at that time espn was even bigger name than star. But it is the acquisition of rights of different sport properties that made star sports a bigger brand.& espn is even now a very big brand (even bigger than star) as it is present in several regions like uk,usa,australia, new Zealand etc.
People will not take even few months to forget star sports brand as espn will show all your fav sports on there network.
People were crazy for neo sports when they had India cricket rights.
Any one missing neo sports in 2018.

I feel Disney would retain Star as a brand in India, inclusive for sports, Globally they would need to find a new brand for Fox International Channels, Including all Fox Sports Channels

Star once demolished espn from asia, at that time espn was even bigger name than star. But it is the acquisition of rights of different sport properties that made star sports a bigger brand.& espn is even now a very big brand (even bigger than star) as it is present in several regions like uk,usa,australia, new Zealand etc.
People will not take even few months to forget star sports brand as espn will show all your fav sports on there network.
People were crazy for neo sports when they had India cricket rights.
Any one missing neo sports in 2018.
They do nothing in UTV as it is a smaller brand also rebranding process make them overload in work as well as money. Disney is a global company they are very busy so they don't go aggressive in making changes in India. Changes happen in top levels and things will go normally. espn is a good brand,but star also.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock