Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

I think that they will withdraw UTV channels since they get a plenty of channels from Star.Disney channels and national geographic channels will run as sister brands. Bindass may added to Star bouquet.
Is National Geographic not a sister channel of Star channels?
Both come from same network.

Is National Geographic not a sister channel of Star channels?
Both come from same network.
National geographic is a subsidiary of Fox run in many countries.In India it comes under Star india. But since they have different name, logo and genres serving I just called it sister brand.likewise Disney also join,thats all.

They do nothing in UTV as it is a smaller brand also rebranding process make them overload in work as well as money. Disney is a global company they are very busy so they don't go aggressive in making changes in India. Changes happen in top levels and things will go normally. espn is a good brand,but star also.
U r 100% right. Disney is a global brand. They may nourish top level channels like, Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Sports etc.
But what will happen with their regional channels? My guess is that they will never be going to take care of regional channels, expanding of regional channels is far away.

U r 100% right. Disney is a global brand. They may nourish top level channels like, Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Sports etc.
But what will happen with their regional channels? My guess is that they will never be going to take care of regional channels, expanding of regional channels is far away.
Focusing on gross revenue and topper management Disney will let Star india to go their way. Regional channels and their future will be associated with Star's MD, CEO etc unless Disney put any barriors or strategies.

In my guess, Star India-Disney Star India
Fox star studios-Disney Star studios/UTV star studios merging with UTV motion pictures.
Baby tv,UTV channels except bindass may shut down. UTV may focus on film distribution.
National Geographic continue as now.
Disney can start dedicated tamil, hindi kids channels.
No change in Tatasky if disney get control over sky.Otherwise also they can proceed with same name, since Sky name can be used as a symbol of DTH,channels etc just they have to do is change its design in Sky word of sky network.

Last edited:
In my guess, Star India-Disney Star India
Fox star studios-Disney Star studios/UTV star studios merging with UTV motion pictures.
Baby tv,UTV channels except bindass may shut down. UTV may focus on film distribution.
National Geographic continue as now.
Disney can start dedicated tamil, hindi kids channels.
No change in Tatasky if disney get control over sky.Otherwise also they can proceed with same name, since Sky name can be used as a symbol of DTH,channels etc just they have to do is change its design in Sky word of sky network.

I don't think so
Bindass will be shutdown

In my opinion Bindass will be continue as youth channel

I don't said bindass will shutdown.other utv channels may shutdown.
Other UTV channels also continue
Disney will not shutdown any UTV channel

Let's see what happens in near future

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock