Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

They will continue with their respective brands . Only chance is that they might kill UTV brand and bring all UTV channels under Star umbrella

Star brand is very strong in india so it will be hard for Disney to kill it. Situation is same for their streaming service hulu, even if they bring it to india it will be hard for them to make it primary brand as Hotstar is miles ahead in race
Why killing? There is no situation arise about diminishing Star brand as it becomes the own property of Disney. Even UTV is a small brand in television, disney doesn't do anything to change the brand name.There are many channel brands taken by disney outside india but most of all let to continue with same name. Star india may becomes 'Disney Star India' and UTV, disney kids channels joins the bouquet.May UTV brand has chance to shut down in future.

Last edited:
Why killing? There is no situation arise about diminishing Star brand as it becomes the own property of Disney. Even UTV is a small brand in television, disney doesn't do anything to change the brand name.There are many channel brands taken by disney outside india but most of all let to continue with same name. Star india may becomes 'Disney Star India' and UTV, disney kids channels joins the bouquet.May UTV brand has chance to shut down in future.

If they form Disney Star then what will happen to Sony ESPN ? It will become monopoly in boadcasting so i think regulator will not allow it

If they form Disney Star then what will happen to Sony ESPN ? It will become monopoly in boadcasting so i think regulator will not allow it
Name change or not, the asset remains same. There is no relation between name and monopoly as the revenue goes to same parent. So for regulating monppoly several adjustments will take place. May espn exit from India.

Name change or not, the asset remains same. There is no relation between name and monopoly as the revenue goes to same parent. So for regulating monppoly several adjustments will take place. May espn exit from India.
ESPN might exit from India, but STAR Sports might get rights for content from ESPN, currently which is owned by Sony ESPN venture

ESPN might exit from India, but STAR Sports might get rights for content from ESPN, currently which is owned by Sony ESPN venture

Why not remarriage again ? ESPNStarsports :kiss:

BTW sony will not allow rival to take away the right

Last edited:
I never understood why Disney acquired UTV Motion Pictures only to shut down all production a few years later. Now that they will be in charge of Fox Star Studios as well, I hope it will not encounter a similar fate.

I never understood why Disney acquired UTV Motion Pictures only to shut down all production a few years later. Now that they will be in charge of Fox Star Studios as well, I hope it will not encounter a similar fate.
Disney is a mover making company.
If you know about Hollywood industry.
So they will produce good movies in the industry and also they will manage to run these channels pretty well.

Disney is a mover making company.
If you know about Hollywood industry.
So they will produce good movies in the industry and also they will manage to run these channels pretty well.
I know that is the case in Hollywood. But after acquiring UTV, why did they stop producing movies locally in India?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock