Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

So FX nd Fox will Come back Soon

Not necessarily. I think Bob Iger was referring to the American media landscape. Namely, they are planning to keep the 20th Century Fox and FX brands alive in the US and in other markets where they are already successful. Keep in mind, the Fox network TV channel is not part of the deal for Disney's acquisition and will remain with Rupert Murdoch, so I don't see Disney launching Fox channels internationally. In India, Disney got rid of its Disney XD brand and replaced it with Marvel HQ, but the Disney XD brand is still alive and well in America. Their media plan is obviously going to revolve around the Star brand in India.

Not necessarily. I think Bob Iger was referring to the American media landscape. Namely, they are planning to keep the 20th Century Fox and FX brands alive in the US and in other markets where they are already successful. Keep in mind, the Fox network TV channel is not part of the deal for Disney's acquisition and will remain with Rupert Murdoch, so I don't see Disney launching Fox channels internationally. In India, Disney got rid of its Disney XD brand and replaced it with Marvel HQ, but the Disney XD brand is still alive and well in America. Their media plan is obviously going to revolve around the Star brand in India.
FOX channels were part of the deal.

FOX channels were part of the deal.

I think you are confusing Fox cable channels with US broadcast networks. There are four major broadcast networks in the U.S., namely ABC (owned by Disney), CBS, FOX and NBC (owned by Comcast). The Disney deal does NOT include the Fox broadcast network, nor does it include Fox News, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 etc. Once the deal is through, those assets will be spun off into a new subsidiary called New Fox, which will remain under Rupert Murdoch's media empire. It will be strange, but basically Disney is acquiring the Fox film and television studios and cable entertainment networks. In the India context, it includes all of Star India.

Last edited:
I think you are confusing Fox cable channels with US broadcast networks. There are four major broadcast networks in the U.S., namely ABC (owned by Disney), CBS, FOX and NBC (owned by Comcast). The Disney deal does NOT include the Fox broadcast network, nor does it include Fox News, Fox Business, FS1, FS2 etc. Once the deal is through, those assets will be spun off into a new subsidiary called New Fox, which will remain under Rupert Murdoch's empire. It will be strange, but basically Disney is acquiring the Fox film and television studios and cable entertainment networks. In the India context, it includes all of Star India.
I know that Murdoch still will have the news channels.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock