Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

I wasn't able to follow this till now on a regular basis..

Therefore can anyone clear my doubts?

I would like to know if Star India is now under Disney and what about Star Sports & Hotstar...

And what will happen to Sony ESPN?
Star India channels, Hotstar, Fox Star studios and all other assets owned by 21CF will be transferred to Walt Disney company.Disney channels and UTV etc will meet them. But in India Star is a major brand than current Disney no chances for a mass re-branding. Also Star India's management will have the major control over the whole unit in India.Espn may join with star or exit india post expiry of contract with Sony.

12:02 AM Eastern Time has passed.Acquistion is officially in effect.😉
Yes, 21st century fox website now redirects to either new 'Fox' website or Walt Disney website
21CF - The Walt Disney Company
Hotstar, Hulu, FX and National Geographic added in Disney corporate website.

Website is updating with more fox properties..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think hotstar would be sports content accessible worldwide ( fox sports, star sports....) And Hulu the show content( all Disney and fox channels).
For India they may launch Hulu India app. And turn hotstar for only sports and make it a premium app

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock