Breaking Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox’s film and TV studios in a landmark deal

I believe trademark is country specific much like patent laws. If you own sky in Europe that does not mean i cannot have sky in India

Even in India Sky trademark is with Sky International AG which is under Comcast now. Tata is using the Sky trademark under license which was granted when 21CF was holding stake in Sky. Now the question is when does the license expire ?

I am not an expert in trademark or patent business but for sure "Sky" is being used here under permission from parent brand based in UK. You can see that written even on Tata Sky website bhai.

Earlier News Corp (former parent of Star India) had around 40% controlling stake in Sky which runs DTH and Satellite Channels in many countries. In india Star being partner with Tata in DTH business, they easily got permission to use Sky brand name.

Now with Sky and Star/Disney not being part of same business empire hence one way or the other some change will happen as i have described in earlier post

It doesn't matter what happens outside India, what matters most is what brand is registered in Indian govt company registration.

If they go 100% FDI and later Govt. changes its rule then TS will vanish (tye tye fish!) in a second.:D

Trump is already very angry with India after s400 (so no Iran waiver this time )so If that happens then Donald trump will make sure our next Govt will vanish too

Tata'Sky' can continue without name change I think. Currently it represents Sky UK. Just replace the 'Sky' logo design with new one. As there is no Sky company in India and the word Sky can be used as a symbolic word for DTH,then no problem.No legal problem will arise. Else they can rename it to Tata Star,Tata Disney etc.

Last edited:
Tata'Sky' can continue without name change I think. Currently it represents Sky UK. Just replace the 'Sky' logo design with new one. As there is no Sky company in India and the word Sky can be used as a symbolic word for DTH,then no problem.No legal problem will arise. Else they can rename it to Tata Star,Tata Disney etc.

😲

That ain't allowed. If they allow that then there will be millions of copy cats around the world riding on the good will of reputed brands 😛. By the way 'Sky' has a worldwide trademark !

WIPO Global Brand Database

Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc. agreed to buy the Fox regional sports networks from walt Disney Co, turning the local-TV company into a cable-sports powerhouse, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock