Disney Star merger resulting in high profile exits

Very interesting article. It suggests that Star India might not have been able to invest in IPL had it already been under Disney. Now, all future investments must be approved by Disney in Burbank, and they are far more cautious and unwilling to make big bets in the Indian market. This parallels Disney's acquisition, and later shutdown, of UTV Motion Pictures.

Very interesting article. It suggests that Star India might not have been able to invest in IPL had it already been under Disney. Now, all future investments must be approved by Disney in Burbank, and they are far more cautious and unwilling to make big bets in the Indian market. This parallels Disney's acquisition, and later shutdown, of UTV Motion Pictures.
First from $71bn deal they attracted most to star india& hotstar bcz star & hotstar both are undisputed leaders in their business & why they are no.1 because uday shankar taken so many risks & now they dont want star to take risky or expensive decision In this way they will make star india's condition like disney india....in every decision they need approval from burbank then whats the use of uday shankar's position power....i really hope disney will not interfere in star india & uday shankar decision or else ready to see disney india 2.0....why disney flopped in india only because of their passive agressive style & why star is no.1 only bcz of their entrepreneurial style of functioning....india is altogether diff game its not USA where passive agressive style of business will work here ppl needs to take agressive decision to be successfull

First from $71bn deal they attracted most to star india& hotstar bcz star & hotstar both are undisputed leaders in their business & why they are no.1 because uday shankar taken so many risks & now they dont want star to take risky or expensive decision In this way they will make star india's condition like disney india....in every decision they need approval from burbank then whats the use of uday shankar's position power....i really hope disney will not interfere in star india & uday shankar decision or else ready to see disney india 2.0....why disney flopped in india only because of their passive agressive style & why star is no.1 only bcz of their entrepreneurial style of functioning....india is altogether diff game its not USA where passive agressive style of business will work here ppl needs to take agressive decision to be successfull
Entrepreneural spirit dares them to overpay for cricket and retain shows from 13 years ago. I blame audience not Star. I use to be a child when that #1 show on BARC came out. Now I am a grown man.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock