Do LCOs have the right to telecast channels from DTH feed?

aravindan

Reaction score
Do LCOs have the rights to telecast channels from DTH feed in Analog cable?

Nowadays LCOs in TN & Chennai uses DTH feed to give some additional channels to woo their subscribers..

And this trend keeps improving day-by-day..

Is it legal at present mandatory digitisation campaign..?

Share your thoughts friends..:)

RE: Do LCOs have the rights to telecast channels from DTH feed?

aravindan said:

Nowadays LCOs in TN & Chennai uses DTH feed to give some additional channels to woo their subscribers..

Officially it is Illegal.
Not only getting feed from DTH, Nowadays LCOs showing channels from MSO's STB . As some channels not available in specific MSO (like puthiyathalamurai in scv), LCOs going for DTH feed.
Every thing is illegal, but it is beneficiary for customers and LCOs.

Taking feed from STB is some what better compare to DTH.
Because DTH can take any steps to LCO as they not bother about that one customer.
But if MSO take steps to any LCO, LCO can easily change the MSO and other MSOs get beneficiary of it.

sathishbabu4u said:
Officially it is Illegal.
Not only getting feed from DTH, Nowadays LCOs showing channels from MSO's STB . As some channels not available in specific MSO (like puthiyathalamurai in scv), LCOs going for DTH feed.
Every thing is illegal, but it is beneficiary for customers and LCOs.

Taking feed from STB is some what better compare to DTH.
Because DTH can take any steps to LCO as they not bother about that one customer.
But if MSO take steps to any LCO, LCO can easily change the MSO and other MSOs get beneficiary of it.

I recently come to know that LCOs in several districts of TN under Arasu provides more than 15 channels via DTH feed.

Reason for this move is LCOs non-payment to Arasu.

How could it be legal?

Does LCOs & DTH firms engaged in MoU?

Wonder..:huh

aravindan said:

canstock16766217.jpg

Hope both the DTH and Channel owners jump in for as this completely defeats the digitalization process.

LCO says he has increased subscription rate for providing additional channels, the subscriber pays the charge and perfectly does his part but where does the money go? It goes into the pocket of the LCO for some service that he illegally obtains.

aravindan said:
I recently come to know that LCOs in several districts of TN under Arasu provides more than 15 channels via DTH feed.

Reason for this move is LCOs non-payment to Arasu.

How could it be legal?

Does LCOs & DTH firms engaged in MoU?

Wonder..:huh

Now the blame goes to Arasu alone as its completely their failure to provide the subscribers with an alternative LCO when they cut off the current LCO.

Plugging off an LCO isn't wrong but the subscribers who depend on Arasu should have continued service whether or not the LCO pays Arasu.

And regarding DTH having MoU with LCO who is working on Analogue, i don't think its possible as Analogue is currently being phased-out.

My LCO changing Arasu and SCV frequently. I don't know to whom he will be subscribed and giving the Subscribtion Amount

Not only in particular area bro its common through out tamilnadu.I have seen even 5 to 10 channels from dth expecally from sundirect and videocon in many parts of tamilnadu.

vigneshwaran2910 said:
Not only in particular area bro its common through out tamilnadu.I have seen even 5 to 10 channels from dth expecally from sundirect and videocon in many parts of tamilnadu.

I feel it's happening with DTH companies' permission & Arasu pays to them it seems..

Does it mean Arasu being operated for DTH companies' wellness? :huh

I don't know how long & what else going to happen in TN cable industry until Arasu or any MSO takes charge..

Bro..How many channels are you getting in your district in analog cable?

aravindan said:
I feel it's happening with DTH companies' permission & Arasu pays to them it seems..

Does it mean Arasu being operated for DTH companies' wellness? :huh

May be some distributer snapped and all went wrong so all goes wrong. :huh

But at this point i would say, as long as people get the service they are all happy. :tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock