Discussion Do we need DTH or cable now?

Cable with a lower rental plan or DTH with lower rental like SD box and a broadband with app combination for watching add free movies is better option

Let Jio first give proper network. Its more than 2 years now its really shame to tell that it is a 4G network. Most of the times speed is less than 1mbps. forget watching tv on it even watching bufferfree facebook video is a big pain. For TV DTH is best. Atleast after giving monthly susbcription I watch all content in HD & SD bufferfree 24 × 7 (except during very heavy rains). I have cable also but full content specially HD channels are not there compare to DTH. Also during power cuts cable gets disturbed for 1-2 mins (until cable guy switches on his genset) and you can miss an imp moment in the show you are watching. Also there is frequent disturbances in cable wires. But if you have ups inverter even in powercuts your dth and tv will keep on running. Also you have to take care of only small cable from antenna to STB. DTH is costly but its worth the money we pay. Jio 4G is big headache. Gigafibre will not cover each and every small town and village in India (which DTH does) and also it runs on cables which will frequently get disturbed in case of digging and construction work on roads.

I have fastway cable hd connection.
I have no issues related pictures quality or powercut disturbance.cable tv continues without interrupted.even dth have lot of rain & storm alignment is big issue.cable continues in rain & storm.but cable tv viewers in villages face problem related powercut.
Online tv consumed large amounts of date.i use 3gb/day airtel & jio 2gb/day plan.but not enough for day for live tv or content.also extra charge Netflix or amazon.not a good sense.better if Netflix provide data free content.partnership with jio/airtel.
Otherwise cable/dth have good.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock