Dolby Digital in Videocon D2H - Discussion

Sadiq said:
Is your home theater is 5.1 or 7.1? If 5.1, then getting audio in 5 speakers are correct only.

But it seems your home theater is 7.1 since you said you are getting audio from 5 speakers but not from front speakers (totally 7 speakers). Then also getting audio from 5 speakers are correct since D2H is giving Dolby Digital (5.1) only (not Digital Plus which is 7.1). But you are getting audio from side speakers instead of front speakers. Check if you connected wires to the right connectors. If you are getting audio in front speakers from other 5.1 sources (not 7.1) then better raise a complaint to D2H...

It is 5.1 and I am getting audio from 5 speakers. What's the .1? Is that the woofer? I am getting audio from the woofer and the four speakers I.e. Left speaker, right speaker, front on left speaker, front on right speaker! No audio is coming from the speaker which is kept below the TV set.

Please clarify.

Sadiq said:
Good question. But I "think" Dolby Digital Plus is being converted to Dolby Digital by removing side left and side right audio. But to confirm this, I have to contact Dolby again ;)

Thanks for understanding bro.. D2h person said they have licence from Dolby.

ayanc99 said:
It is 5.1 and I am getting audio from 5 speakers. What's the .1? Is that the woofer? I am getting audio from the woofer and the four speakers I.e. Left speaker, right speaker, front on left speaker, front on right speaker! No audio is coming from the speaker which is kept below the TV set.

Please clarify.
Yes, the .1 refers to sub woofer. The center speaker is supposed to give the main voice of the picture who is on the screen. Did you check with all channels? Check with English movies channels. As I already told, check with other 5.1 sources other than D2H box.

APPYS said:
My tv happily decodes the tata sky dd as well as dd plus but never decoded d2h's dolby digital.. Also cc always kept telling only ht can decode their dd
My TV is happily decoding D2H Dolby digital and Dish TV Dolby Digital. Also decodes Dolby Digital Plus from Life OK HD from Dish TV. My TV model is Sony Bravia KLV32EX550. Check your TV.

APPYS said:
Was that sarcasm?
I really bad in English. Finally found the meaning of sarcasm.

Not at all bro.. What I said is true. I just used your way of expression.. I really don't know why it is not working for you.

One clue: earlier it was not working but there was a software update that made it working. Check if you have latest software in D2H STB.

Sadiq said:
My TV is happily decoding D2H Dolby digital and Dish TV Dolby Digital. Also decodes Dolby Digital Plus from Life OK HD from Dish TV. My TV model is Sony Bravia KLV32EX550. Check your TV.

Sadiq bro, write with your 5.1 home theatre for purchase me new like you

My speaker didn't have HDMi port so I didn't know how to connect STB to speaker so how I connect it to the speaker?

No speaker has hdmi port. You need to connect your speakers via a compatible receiver or home theater

Sadiq said:
Yes, the .1 refers to sub woofer. The center speaker is supposed to give the main voice of the picture who is on the screen. Did you check with all channels? Check with English movies channels. As I already told, check with other 5.1 sources other than D2H box.

So I checked with English movie channels but the issue remains. Audio coming from all speakers except the center speaker. Its also the issue with dvd etc. Guess I should contact Sony then, right?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock