Dolby Digital in Videocon D2H - Discussion

When i choose normal sound for hd channels the sound level is fine...bt for dolby i hv to increase my volume of hts very high.So is it normal?
I am also facing same sound difference. Hope it's normal in Videocon D2H

Is the dolby sound level less than stereo?
Dolby functions are different in d2h compare to Tata sky & Airtel .

TS & Airtel STB's are approved by Dolby digital organisation , but d2h is not, so d2h pass through whatever telecost provided.

Need help!
I have a vd2h stp(hd 2244 rf), Sony home theatre 5.1(HT RT 40), philips led tv which doesn't support Dolby decoding. Now I wanted to njoy the real true sorround sound. What are the options available?

I also read in some forums, that if I get the d2h hd DVR box, it will provide me the true sorround sound as this has the optical output. Is this statement really true?

Need help!
I have a vd2h stp(hd 2244 rf), Sony home theatre 5.1(HT RT 40), philips led tv which doesn't support Dolby decoding. Now I wanted to njoy the real true sorround sound. What are the options available?

I also read in some forums, that if I get the d2h hd DVR box, it will provide me the true sorround sound as this has the optical output. Is this statement really true?
Yes, your current STB has digital audio out, if not optical. Connect suitable cable from digital/optical output from STB to HTR digital input. Setup the STB audio options to DD, you will get surround sound in majority of the HD channels. HTR will covert the stereo signal to pseudo 5.1 for other channels

Last edited:
Yes, the .1 refers to sub woofer. The center speaker is supposed to give the main voice of the picture who is on the screen. Did you check with all channels? Check with English movies channels. As I already told, check with other 5.1 sources other than D2H box.
Bro I check my tata sky sth hd i have all hd channels are not true Dolby audio provide ..Only star maand and star net work channels true Dolby audio provide and other zee hd channels 5.1 audio provide .But sun network hd channels are not Dolby 5.1 audio provide thats audio is mixing ..Front and left and woofer also..I told the issue sun broadcaster end since 2015 but not solved..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock