Dont understand the new Trai regulation

Dhanvanth

Reaction score
Seriously I don't understand the resaon behind the change.

As far as my knowledge currently i m paying rs 50 for 20 HD channels. (Sun direct) Now according to the new trai regulation,A single channel costs around rs 15 to 20 (if im right)
Not sure whether i dont understand it or it is primarily based on less broadcasting and more money.
Anyone to simplify?

As far as my knowledge currently i m paying rs 50 for 20 HD channels. (Sun direct) Now according to the new trai regulation,A single channel costs around rs 15 to 20 (if im right)
Not sure whether i dont understand it or it is primarily based on less broadcasting and more money.
Anyone to simplify?

I believe the TRAI regulation is focusing not just on the current situation, but long term. I guess they want to have a leash on the channel/package prices, that was mostly under the control of broadcasters/network carriers until now. To an extent, it is still under their control. But now, TRAI has this leash which they can use to pull back broadcasters/network carriers if they try to rapidly increase the prices in future, especially in quick succession. Now, in future, I believe the broadcasters cannot increase the channel/bouquet prices any higher, without TRAI's prior approval first. Because now the prices would be monitored by TRAI.

This monitoring (if judiciously followed up by TRAI, without any corruption) might be pretty useful to us consumers, not necessarily now, but may be in one or two years time :)

Anyone to simplify?
Yeah. After GST, this TRAI tariff is also difficult to understand

Anyone to simplify?
🙏🙏🙏🙏 It's well for you ,. That you don't understand the TRAI rules till now. And you don't try to understand. I till try to understand and got mad. So I request you 🙏plz don't understand 😳😳😀😀😀😀

Anyone to simplify?
Before you were paying less to watch all or random channels. Now you pay more to watch what you only want to watch. This is a brilliant new strategy TRAI created for the benefit of us users. If you have OCD like me this rule is for you. 🤗

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock