Status
Not open for further replies.

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

This thread will explain/answer all your doubts regarding the newly launched DreamDTH News Website. I have prepared a set of important queries that all of you would have in mind and have answered them. If you need more clarification or any other doubts, please ask in the announcement thread.

How to use News section?
You can use the same login credentials that is used on the forums for the News section as well. Both AMS software and our forums are integrated. DO NOT create new ids on the News section.

Can I view or write articles?
All members can view, react and comment on the published articles. However, You need to be part of the "Article Writers" group in order to write your article.

What is this Article Discussions Forum?
You might have noticed that this thread is posted in a newly created forum called - Article Discussion. Whenever someone publish a article on News site, the software will automatically post a thread with a link to the article in this forum. You can react/reply to that thread just like any other threads. Your replies will also be added as a comment to the article on News site as well. Both DDF forums and News Site are tightly integrated.

How to join Article Writers group?
Interested members can post a thread on Talk To Team section. If required we would be asking you to submit a draft content, just to know about your writing and creative skills. Once the team is satisfied with your work, you will be added to the group. Just don't get disappointed if your request is rejected. This isn't a forum where you can write anything in any style. A news website needs professionalism. There should be ZERO spelling mistakes and very negligible punctuation and grammatical mistakes. Take this as an opportunity to improve your language and writing skill. There's always another chance. You can reapply at a later time.

I have joined the group. Can I write/publish articles?
Yes and No. Once you are added to the group, you can create articles and write your content and save it. However it will not be displayed for public view until a moderator from Article moderators group goes through your article, approves and publishes it.

Why should i wait for a Moderator to approve my post? Can i publish them directly?
This is yet again to maintain the professionalism and avoid any mistakes. Moderators will double check the content for any mistakes, correct them or notify you to correct it and after correcting all those errors, it will be published. However it is only a temporary restriction. Once you start publishing articles and reach certain amount of articles, this restriction might be removed and you can publish articles on your own. But keep in mind that it should be professional and error free.

Is there a minimum number of articles to be posted everyday after joining the group?
No. We believe in quality than quantity. Theres no need to post everyday. But, just don't be dormant for a very long period of time.

Can i share articles from another website?
No. We have forums for that. Don't copy paste. Please write the content in your own words. You can take inputs and link a source if needed but the content should be completely written by you.

What topics are allowed?
We have created limited number of categories but with a wider scope. Those include, DTH News, Cable TV, Television, Technology, Sports and General.

What not to post?
Any controversial, illegal, unethical, hurtful, abusive, discriminating posts are disallowed. Posting such articles would lead to removal from the writers group and also warn/ban on the forums.

Rules on how to write the content:
  • Don't copy paste. Write in your own words. If found copied, strict action will be taken.
  • Add a source if needed. Don't steal others work.
  • The content should be error free without any spelling mistakes and very negligible punctuation and grammatical mistakes.
  • I recommend using Google Docs or Grammarly to proofread your content.
  • Do not post one liners. We have minimum character count failing which the article might be rejected.
  • Add images if necessary. However do not use copyrighted images without proper permissions/credits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock