DTH updates DTH focus shifts to ARPU from subscriber numbers

As people are glued to their mobiles they watch TV on the go and Jio having now a large subscriber base with Jio TV in action Dth operators are facing the music.In fact Dishtv has asked for discount from broadcasters citing that they are given a huge discount to carry their channels.
Dish has been asking discount way before Jio came into existence, it's not new

One got to admit that there are more content available on digital than on traditional tv.The best part is anytime anywhere concept.

These days my TV is sparingly used with my mom also hooked to Jio Tv and cinema for the shows even at home with Wifi.
I am thinking of cord cutting for my tv.

Last edited:
Whenever there are discussions on IPTV (Like JioTV) taking over DTH providers, the data cost comes into the picture. Although urban areas are far lesser than rural areas, broadband is really cheap in metro/urban areas. Certainly many might cut the cord. While DTH players will still benefit from rural subscribers, the reduction in urban subscribers would be a real worry for them.

Whenever there are discussions on IPTV (Like JioTV) taking over DTH providers, the data cost comes into the picture. Although urban areas are far lesser than rural areas, broadband is really cheap in metro/urban areas. Certainly many might cut the cord. While DTH players will still benefit from rural subscribers, the reduction in urban subscribers would be a real worry for them.

For rural area Internet is still way too costly, I will get only 2 Mbps at 500 rupee where as a guy in kolkata get 25 Mbps unlimited at same price from same company, on top of that purchasing power of a rural guy is no where close to a metro city guy. So i don't see how this internet based TV will replace traditional TV considering 75% people lives in rural areas

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock