DTh operators are looting in the name of STB warranty

vijay mahanta

Reaction score
Hi all, today my D2H stb stopped working and showing some errors and the transmission stopped only FTA channels are coming. When I contacted the cc they said that you have to pay Rs 400 for one year warranty of set top box. Now the question is who is responsible for the faulty stb and why they are asking extra charge or technical snag from their side. God knows.:wall

RE: D2h is looting

It happened to me last night. I kept the box running the whole night and in the morning I saw only FTA channels were coming. I just restarted the box and the problem solved.

I think it is because of the technical activities they are doing in the back end as they already sent email.

But I am not sure about your case. Is your box working now?

And, the warranty for the box is 1 year and if it is crossed more than 1 year, you have to pay the service charges or opt for AMC for another one year or 6 month based on your need and you have to pay for that. Once you paid, all the services to the next year will be free of cost. But it is not mandatory to go for that option.

Whether your box is still under warranty (within 1 year)?

I m facing signal problem from last 2 days I think it's stb problem.I have checked my signal on my digital receiver fta there is signal ok but not in d2h box.
Anybody face this issue.

Problem solved I switched off the stb and took out the card and cleaned it. After inserting it the channels came back & I cancelled the complaint.

vijay mahanta said:
Problem solved I switched off the stb and took out the card and cleaned it. After inserting it the channels came back & I cancelled the complaint.

Are you using HD2011 box? If yes, better you change your box. I too faced these kind of problems very often in my HD2011 box and doing the same steps that you did was the only solution for me as well.

Recently I upgraded to HD2244 RF box with RF remote by paying Rs.999 as exchange price. The box is good till now.

No bro this time I will buy a server and Openbox and will watch any DTH and foreign satellite paid channels at a nominal amount of Rs 3000/- per year which is very economical.

@vijay: I hope you also understand the reason for asking Rs.400 for AMC. Please check the details here. You may need to change the thread title if you are clear since it is misleading.

Videocon DTH Packages - DTH Recharge offers - D2H Channel Channels - DTH Price - D2H Recharge

vpc.jpg

Sadiq said:
@vijay: I hope you also understand the reason for asking Rs.400 for AMC. Please check the details here. You may need to change the thread title if you are clear since it is misleading.

Videocon DTH Packages - DTH Recharge offers - D2H Channel Channels - DTH Price - D2H Recharge

vpc.jpg

Why bro, we both are looted by their bloody inferior stb, may be it is your d2h love which forced you to buy a new one but why I will buy a new stb box by paying again and why not I will buy other economic al option which I mentioned earlier. :k

vijay mahanta said:
Why bro, we both are looted by their bloody inferior stb, may be it is your d2h love which forced you to buy a new one but why I will buy a new stb box by paying again and why not I will buy other economic al option which I mentioned earlier. :k

I actually opted the upgrade myself based on the below offer.

afhvBuN.png

Actual cost is Rs.2000 for a new box.

P9DRm6P.png

I wanted to have RF remote that is why upgraded. Everyone's expectation is different and the understanding too. Love? May be since I didn't face much problem with them in the last 2 years of my tenure with D2H.

Since you are a satellite tracker and aware of all the satellite equipment, you are going with the best option but all others are not aware of such things. And their need is to get Videocon D2H channels only. So, they cannot spend Rs.3000 for that. So considering that Rs.999 is not a bigger amount.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock