DTH Services Comparison In India: Which Is Best DTH In India?

tech_genie

Reaction score
DTH Services Comparison In India: Which Is Best DTH In India?

Here is a clear & an impartial comparison of DTH services in India.

DTH services comparison in India

1. Quality of Service:

The most important thing that one looks for after a buying a commodity is the after sales service of the company to its customers. None can stay without watching television for a single day! All the DTH service providers offer a 24/7 customer care for you to manage packs or lodge any complaint. Most of the DTH providers now also provide online chat help during office hours. But who actually sticks to their promise?

Winner of this section: Tata Sky

Runner up: Airtel Digital TV

Tata Sky actually addresses the problem of their customers within 24 hours. Besides 24/7 Helpline, they also provide online support where you can self-help yourself. In addition to that if you have any hardware problem, they send their engineers within 24 hours & replace the damaged item instantly (if required). Many other DTH promises to send support within 24 hours but it never happens!

2. Packaging:

The next thing you need to check out before making your decision is that, if the channel package designed by the company suiting you or not? Many DTH providers promise to give you hundreds of channels in your pack but actually most of them are channels that no-one ever watches!

Winner of this section: Videocon D2H.

Runner up : Airtel Digital TV

Videocon gives more valuable channels in their packages than others. High end packages of Airtel are very good too (except their Sports channel coverage at present). Tata Sky either doesn’t add or adds the channels of the Zee Group very late whenever there are some new channels. They also don’t keep the sports channels of the Zee Group in their base pack (Ten Action, Ten Sports, Ten Cricket). On the other hand, DISHTV does the same with the channels of STAR Group. They don’t keep the sports channels of STAR Group in their base pack (Star Sports, Star Cricket, ESPN). That’s a big disadvantage for both!

3. Pricing:

Another important aspect, specially for a price-conscious market like India is the price of the packages & the a-la-carte channels.

Winner for cheaper pricing of packages: Videocon D2H.

Runner up: Airtel Digital TV.

Winner for cheaper pricing of a-la-carte channels: Tata Sky.

4. HD Channels:

If you are planning to buy an HD Set top box, then you must check how many true HD channels are available in a particular DTH platform?

Winner for having the highest number of true HD channels Videocon D2H.

Runner up: Airtel Digital TV.

5. SD Channels:

Last but not the least is the count of channels, your DTH service provider is giving you.

Winner of this section: Dish TV.

Runner up: Videocon D2H.

Dish TV has most no. of SD channels whereas Videocon D2H gives the most number of regional channels than anyone else. They also add new channels really fast & early. Sun DTH is strong in regional content in South India.

DTH service provider based comparison:

TATA SKY:

Pros: Top quality service, good Audio & Picture quality, no hidden charges/ unwanted deductions.

Cons: Bit expensive, very slow in adding new channels, less regional channels.

AIRTEL DTH:

Pros: Value for money from all perspective, good Audio & Picture quality.

Cons: Low-end Packages are not that good (specially Sports pack).

VIDEOCON D2H:

Pros: Cheap & Good Packages, Most no. of SD & HD channels and good coverage of Regional Channels.

Cons: Audio & Picture Quality is not at par with some other DTH service providers.

DISH TV:

Pros: Many Channels, All Zee Group Channels available, allows you to store recordings in any external USB storage device, thus the recording facility comes at no extra cost.

Cons: Problem with Star Group channels, High Price of a-la-carte (single) channels, Poor customer care service.

SUN DTH:

Pros: Great variety of South Indian packs, undoubtedly the best Choice for South Indians.

Cons: Rest of India Packs are not good, Very less non-south Regional Channels, Very few HD channels.

RELIANCE DTH:

Pros: All 250 channels available in up-scaled HD like quality with video resolution of 1080p at 50 Hz.

Cons: Lack of publicity/clarity, infrastructure, very slow in adding new channels or updating packs, many customer complaints.

DD DIRECT+:

Pros: India’s only free DTH Service.

Cons: Very few channels, only free to air channels available, most channels are useless.

Final Verdict:

My choice for South Indians would be Sun Direct or D2H.

Choice for non-South Indians would be Airtel Digital TV or D2H.

If you are from South India, then you can go for Sun Direct (or D2H if you want more HD channels). For the rest of India, my choice is D2H or Airtel Digital TV, as it is good in both service & very good Packages with good number of Regional & HD Channels.

DTH SERVICES POINTS TABLE (OUT OF 10) AND RANKING:
73ivTLs.png

NOTE:

1. Genie's views are depicted...humans may disagree ;)
2. Genie welcomes human logic with open heart :luv

Original idea from: DTH Services Comparison in India: Which is Best DTH in India?

good comparison.
In number of channels section , dish tv leading the section not D2H

Karthik said:
good comparison.
In number of channels section , dish tv leading the section not D2H

dish tv leads in channel counts because of promo channels, lots of useless crap news channels, channels from dd direct+ and up scaled hd channels But they not have a Most popular Star HD channels..

First of all its a very good comparison. But I beg to differ in some points. As I read your post I found that Videocon D2H is suitable for packaging as you said. I don't think so. As you see D2H does not even provide a single English Channel in any pack below RS 321 p.m. Super Gold @ RS 200 p.m. , Gold Sports @ RS 266 p.m. does not have a single English Channel except Fashion TV India if it can be considered as an English Channel. They do provide the Infotainment Channels (Discovery + Nat Geo + Nat Geo Wild + Fox Traveller + History TV18.) But those Infotainment Channels every other DTH provides. One good Channel it does provide that is Travel Trendz. But look at DISH TV'S Super Gold Pack @ RS 255 p.m. - It is providing Times Now + News X + Russia Today + Aljajeera + CCTV News + Day & Night News + DW TV Asia + + NHK World + Movies Now + Set Pix. Even Airtel is providing News X + Russia Today + Star Movies + Zee Studio + Zee Trendz + Nat Geo Adventure just @ RS 275 p.m. in their Economy Sports Pack. D2H'S website is not correctly updated. Website says Jalsha Movies available from New Diamond Pack @ RS 321 p.m. but its available from base pack Super Gold @ RS 200 p.m. SUN DTH definitely has lesser no. of North Indian Channels. But its package price is quite cheap. After all, can you tell me which DTH will provide NDTV 24X7, CNN IBN, CNBC TV18, Russia Today, Star World, Prime CBS , Spark CBS, Love CBS, Fashion TV India, VH One English, MTV India, GOD TV, Discovery, Nat Geo Wild, NE TV, UTV Action, Ten Sports, Ten Action etc just within RS 180 p.m.? None of the DTH actually does. Here SUN DTH wins the race. It actually may have lesser no. of Bengali Channels but due to its cheap packaging many prefers it in West Bengal. In my locality only I find many using it. So to me Packaging SUN DTH, North Regional D2H, South Regional SUN DTH, Quality of service Tata Sky, Pricing SUN DTH, HD Channels D2H, No. of Channels D2H & DISH, Overall Content Airtel, More FTA Channels DD Direct. Reliance does not come into picture at all. But again I am telling you have done a wonderful compilation. Thanks to you.

Bishnu..whats your thought on tatasky with south sports pack( 155pm) with movie add for Rs60 i get all movie channels, tamil channels all news channels and infotainment channels?

Videocon d2h cust care is not good but if u post ur problem on facebook or twitter or write to them at [email protected] then they give u excellent service. for me, videocon d2h has better aftersales than tata sky, i have got many problems resolved within hrs or few days depending on the problem.
i have had no issues of unfair balance deduction or hidden charges by videocon d2h

i think videocon d2h give some privilege to platinum (i am not meaning platinum pack customer) customer. :lol

people said:
i think videocon d2h give some privilege to platinum (i am not meaning platinum pack customer) customer. :lol

Samajhdaroko isara kafi hai.:lol

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock