DTH vs Local cable for Multiple TV?

dude you got it wrong, what i meant was,.. once cable operators distribute channels from sat only. you might see a big 12ft dish on their building. they used dish to get channels from sat and convert them into analog and distribute them to users. you might see their boxes used to hang around at some places right?
i don't know anything about that. but cable operators do. if you try to google it you'll probably get it.
1) get a some dish connection with subscription (eg. Airtel)
2)get a hdmi output where you want HD channels.
3) get output from output LNB using coax. (most of them do have coax output next to the LNB input from dish)
4)try to convert the output into analog and use splitter to split them and you can connect them to two other tv.

Thanks for your reply.

Excellent plan, but im not that technical but will check if this is possible for me once i get a DTH. :)

Every info is right here in airtel sub forum. You gotta read thourougly, i have learned most thing from here only.
No ones gonna spoon feed you.
Just for pointers read this topic till end
https://dreamdth.com/threads/multi-connection-details.108714/

Thanks for the Link. I was planning to go to get TS HD for Rs 6000 - 7000 for 1 single HDTV on an 1 yr pack, from the ADTV thread seems i can easily manage within Rs 400 - 500 for 2 TV's inclusive of HD on one TV . I need to first decide between TS & ADTV. :)

Last edited:
Does DTH use the same broad cable used for local cable or a smaller one? Cause my window where i have a second TV has a small hole so it would be hard to get a larger cable in.

Monthly Secondary Connection Charge Bro. You Don't Spend Extra Penny For Channels

Your Primary Connection Package Channels Coming On Secondary Connection Too. Which You have Subscribe.

Does DTH use the same broad cable used for local cable or a smaller one? Cause my window where i have a second TV has a small hole so it would be hard to get a larger cable in.

AFAIK, they use thinner cable. There are two types, RG 6, and RG 59

Cable TV users thicker ones i guess. But i am using the cable TV wire for my DTH multi TV connection. Working fine

I have done some googling and youtubed alot, since i find this topic interesting..
with dvb - s2 (dish) you can't able to watch two seperate tv with one connection.. but with cable set top box you could get two or more channels from it.
cable tv set top box have two or three outputs,
1)HDMI output- which is used to watch HD channels
2)RV cables- to watch channels in sd
3)I don't know what it's name. it placed next to the cable in. from there you'll connect cable to watch channels in SD. (it's already converted into analog for old tv users so you can directly connect them on analog input. (if you wanna add more tv's use splitter.)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock