• Thread starter Rushil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 4
  • Views: Views 5,169

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
ETV.jpg

KOLKATA: Earlier in January, Indiantelevision.com reported how the Bengali general entertainment channel ETV Bangla of the Network 18 group is looking at a news foray. The latest word is the Network has earmarked a capital expenditure of Rs 150 mln for launching a 24-hour Bengali news and current affairs channel.

The channel would be launched by March 15 and will have a team of 200 professionals, including journalists and technical staffs, said one of the editors of ETV.

The programming for the news channel will be uplinked from Hyderabad for the time being. By the end of the year, the company plans to set up a transmission system in Kolkata to be able to uplink directly. The company has already received a license from government authorities.

Dhrubajyoti Pramanik, formerly with ABP Ananda – a 24-hour news channel from the house of Kolkata headquartered ABP Group, will is joining as the Editor of ET’s Bengali news channel. “He is likely to join the organisation from 1 March,” said a reliable source from ETV.

An official from ETV Bangla said, “We had the set up and infrastructure for running a 24-hour news channel and now we will be using it. To run the news channel, around 200 people would be required.”

ETV Bangla, which airs three news bulletins at present, will no longer telecast news once the news channel is launched. ETV Bangla will strictly become a general entertainment channel (GEC) going forward, the official said.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/tel...penditure-for-its-bengali-news-channel-140204

2 bengali channels from etv,
1. etv bangla
2. etv bangla news :new

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Which are the dths that are expected to add this channel ? Once lauched, I think Sun Direct should say tata bye bye to West Bengal. Because, at present they have only one full time Bengali News Channel ABP Ananda. Apart from this they mostly depend on EV Bangla for news shows. Aakash Bangla after renaming as Aakash Aath has completely transformed it into a Bengali GEC. I don't think Sun Direct is in a position now to add ETV Bangla News right from Day I due to shortage of space. And with ETV Bangla & Aakash Bangla completely transforming it into a GEC, I think it should be shutters down for Sun Direct on West Bengal until and unless they add a new Bengali News Channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock