DDF Exclusive ETV Plus HD, ETV Cinema HD, ETV Abhiruchi HD, ETV LIFE HD Launched

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ETV HD cropping even 1990s & 2000s movies? They are in 16:9 Aspect Ratio right.
Still cropping and removing black bars ,Some Picture of movie also wiped with such cropping.
Old movies with 4:3 ratio need to be cropped for full screen view.but even 16:9 videos also they are cropping.

Why ETV HD cropping even 1990s & 2000s movies? They are in 16:9 Aspect Ratio right.
Still cropping and removing black bars ,Some Picture of movie also wiped with such cropping.
Old movies with 4:3 ratio need to be cropped for full screen view.but even 16:9 videos also they are cropping.

They have excellent movie gallery compared to other telugu movies channels.

Experience still now ETV HD 70% Full HD movies related to Usha Kiran Movies (Ramoji Rao gari Production House)

They have excellent movie gallery compared to other telugu movies channels.

Experience still now ETV HD 70% Full HD movies related to Usha Kiran Movies (Ramoji Rao gari Production House)
yes disappointed with scaling.i felt we can experience high quality movies from ETV of late 90S & 2000 Movies.
but not good clarity as expected.simply cropping each & every movie and telecasting.

Any chance of OTT platform from Eenadu? Already Star, Zee and Gemini have them. If Eenadu has an OTT platform, then, it will be a massive success. It has a huge library of old movies, popular shows like Yahoo and Wow and classic serials like Populapetti, Antarangalu, etc
You still remembered "popula pette" bro...wow excellent comedy serial on that days 🤡

I felt they done good job when compared to sun network HD channels.
2 points here,
In sun network we never lose any picture/original film for old & new movies.they wont crop,they telecast movie as it is.
In E TV we lose picture/original film because of cropping.we get feeling of full screen ,but we losing original film.In other words its just zoomed version of original picture.lost picture 4 sides.

Last edited:
Yesterday I seen "Amar Akbar Antony" amitabachan old film in HD in UTV HD.
But it has excellent quality bro.
How can it possible.... Why Telugu films looks not quality.😡

Yesterday I seen "Amar Akbar Antony" amitabachan old film in HD in UTV HD.
But it has excellent quality bro.
How can it possible.... Why Telugu films looks not quality.😡
Because of original Print clarity.RK films even 1970s films with best clarity.
For south language they don't even have CD print for some movies.They never saved/stored prints.

I felt they done good job when compared to sun network HD channels.
I dont think so bro. Both have their problems.
ETV seems to be obsessed with cropping a movie even if it is shot on 16:9. As I am a movie buff, I feel that even movies which were shot in 1.78 or 1.33 or 2.39 aspect ratio should be telecast in the same ratio. Otherwise, we'll lose the feel of the movie. But ETV already cropping 1.78 aspect ratio movies and adding black bars in SD channel. Now, they are cropping the already cropped version again and increasing contrast/brightness and telecasting it in HD.
Gemini is also worse. Besides shoddy HD upscaling, they also chop off scenes from the movie to fit in the timespan. I watched Annamayya movie recently. They cut off the entire Mohan Babu sequence and 1 song.

Because of original Print clarity.RK films even 1970s films with best clarity.
For south language they don't even have CD print for some movies.They never saved/stored prints.
Not just that bro. They take old 35mm/70mm film prints and restore them to present settings and release to market again through DVDs domestically and blu-rays internationally. Telugu production houses do not feel the necessity to do that. They dont want to spend even 1 rupee more on old movies. Only channels upscale them to HD, which results in poor PQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock