Article Fifty shades of differentiation: The evolution of Hindi movie channels

Just one Word to Describe the Journey "WoW".......👍

Definitely @JollyLNB Bhai - You have turned every stone to put adequate Lights on Current as well as a total 25 years of Glorious Journey to adhere the sentiments of Movie Buffs in India.

As a pure Hindi Bollywood Movie Buff it was really a Good Modern Times with all 3 Biggies Star - Zee - Sony. But all of a sudden 'Goldmine Telefilms' ruined all the routine and We left only with the potholes of South Masala Stuffs 24x7 now.

For Pure Bolly Lovers there are only Star Gold Select HD / Zee Classic / Zee Bollywood/ & Xplor HD / Sony Max 2 + few FTA Movie offerings left to rejoice as of now.

Really indeed "Sine Mein Cinema"......😃😄 Deewane Bana De"......

Last edited:
Just one Word to Describe the Journey "WoW".......👍

Definitely @JollyLNB Bhai - You have turned every stone to put adequate Lights on Current as well as a total 25 years of Glorious Journey to adhere the sentiments of Movie Buffs in India.

As a pure Hindi Bollywood Movie Buff it was really a Good Modern Times with all 3 Biggies Star - Zee - Sony. But all of a sudden 'Goldmine Telefilms' ruined all the routine and We left only with the potholes of South Masala Stuffs 24x7 now.

For Pure Bolly Lovers there are only Star Gold Select HD / Zee Classic / Zee Bollywood/ & Xplor HD + few FTA Movie offerings left to rejoice as of now.

Really indeed "Sine Mein Cinema"......😃😄 Deewane Bana De"...
Sine me hai cinema...dikhate ho TV me sirf Anna..phir hoga kaise koi deewana...😂

Really good article....
Put an atom bomb in that goldmine😠
Coming to YRF I really badly miss one movie Humko Ishq ne maara....it's nowhere available..few years it was available in YouTube but they removed...😢

Very well written bro
Literally fed up with south movies although i like some of them all these channels show only selected south Indian movies that too on loop
And they are launching hd version of cult hindi movies what for those who liked hindi one but can't afford hd versions

Excellent Article @JollyLNB bhai. There r some mistakes in it like UTV HD, And Pictures HD do telecast dubbed south indian cinema

Problem is not having channels catering to dubbed south indian cineme but neglecting bollywood films. Also most of the dubbed south indian movies shown are not even good ones, just bcoz they can be acquired at much less cost and gets great return of investment hence Sony Max or others hop onto it. Star India is somewhat better as they buy rightly of mostly decent or worth watching dubbed stuff and give bollywood near adequate space but again their library is very small thus leading to frequent repetition.

Zee is my opinion doing fine. It has hindi movie channels ranging across spectrums and does satisfy viewing needs of all. They have big advantage of investing money here unlike Star or Sony where Sports Rights consume major budget. Also Stat India signs exclusive big money deals with stars thus again limiting funds for other stuff.Even Colors Cineplex HD was a pure bollywood channel till few months back but like Max HD it did not get required ratings hence changed tracks.

As i have said unless people r willing to pay more till then content quality will not improve, this holds true for all genres. There is a reason why &Xplor is only launched in HD, giving same in SD is of no benefit to broadcaster as ad revenue do not contribute much to such channels bcoz of tiny audience base. We cannot say now that HD channels r very expensive hence cannot be opted, those who want to watch their favourite programs or movies... they should be willing to spend little more. Even those having CRT TV sets can buy buying HD box , connect thru AV cable and subscribe these channels if financial condition permits so.

One thing i want is operators enabling option on STB to change aspect ratio of SD channels broadcasting in 16:9 aspect ratio to letter box format which will omit the problem of broadcasters sticking to 4:3 format for CRT TV viewers. Airtel has activated this feature for some channels like DW TV wherein if u r seeing this channel on AV mode and select letter box as option for 16:9 content in settings then DW TV will appear in Letter Box format even though being transmitted by them in wide screen format.

Another thing which would be of good use is enabling subtitles option on STB, not only will be helpful for those not liking text on screen while watching english movies or shows but broadcasters can telecast content in original language with subtitles apart from giving additional option to chose dubbed language feed. Yesterday i watched Vikram Vedha on UTV Movies, loved the movie but still hearing dialogues in native language would have raised impact

Well written article @JollyLNB bro..

Max has broadcasted Cricket before IPL too.
Most famous are Icc Events.. & if I have fine memory Max when launched, Cricket was the first thing that I watched on max in late 90's.

Now, I have not subscribed to any of these pay channels other than Zee Classic, Just because of South Dubbed Content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock