Discussion From 1st Feb avoid pay channels and start increasing the TRP of FTA channels #avoid pay channels soap

Iam not going to add Asianet and surya pack, I need only FTA channels. So this season goodluck for FTA channels and FTA lovers

Same for me. But with cable tv, especially Keralavision, you have to shell out 170 and opt for their second base pack to view FTA.
Mine is Sundirect and waiting to see how they are going to implement.

Same for me. But with cable tv, especially Keralavision, you have to shell out 170 and opt for their second base pack to view FTA.
Mine is Sundirect and waiting to see how they are going to implement.

I am sure all sun channels will be less than MRP :p:win:, so that people will stick with them

Yes. But, they can merge them and create new bouquets. For example, they can merge ETV SD (Rs. 24), Sun Telugu Basic (Rs. 30), Star Telugu Value (Rs 39) and Zee Prime Telugu SD (Rs 20) and FTA News channels like TV9, ABN, etc = Total 113. If, suppose Discount = 25% for TataSky, then new price of telugu regional pack will be 85. Previously, it was 70. So, not much difference.
They can't merge bouquets. They have to consider Al-a-carte prices, if they have to form their own bouquet. For example, Sun Telugu Basic costs 54 rupees, if Al-a-carte prices are considered. Likewise, all the channel prices should be calculated on Al-a-carte basis by the DPO, if they form their own bouquet.

From the TRAI order:

(3) It shall be open for a distributor of television channels to offer a-la-carte pay channels of one or more broadcasters in the form of bouquet(s) and declare the retail price of such bouquet(s) to be paid by the subscriber: Provided that the retail price of such bouquet of pay channels shall not be less than eighty five percent of the sum of retail prices of the a-la-carte pay channels forming part of the bouquet: Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain any free to air channel: Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain HD and SD variants of the same channel: Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain any premium channel.

Explanation: For the removal of doubt it is hereby clarified that a distributor of television channels while forming bouquet under this clause shall include only a-la-carte channels of broadcasters.

I chose free dd channels,tamil channels free,star vijay.it costs around 173 rupees😢 day time robbery.
First govt implemented digital set top box few years before.its a preplanned and now this is the reason for implementing it

They can't merge bouquets. They have to consider Al-a-carte prices, if they have to form their own bouquet. For example, Sun Telugu Basic costs 54 rupees, if Al-a-carte prices are considered. Likewise, all the channel prices should be calculated on Al-a-carte basis by the DPO, if they form their own bouquet.

From the TRAI order:

(3) It shall be open for a distributor of television channels to offer a-la-carte pay channels of one or more broadcasters in the form of bouquet(s) and declare the retail price of such bouquet(s) to be paid by the subscriber: Provided that the retail price of such bouquet of pay channels shall not be less than eighty five percent of the sum of retail prices of the a-la-carte pay channels forming part of the bouquet: Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain any free to air channel: Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain HD and SD variants of the same channel: Provided further that such bouquet shall not contain any premium channel.

Explanation: For the removal of doubt it is hereby clarified that a distributor of television channels while forming bouquet under this clause shall include only a-la-carte channels of broadcasters.

what happens if they make a deal to put a-la-carte channels by less than MRP? is that possible?

what happens if they make a deal to put a-la-carte channels by less than MRP? is that possible?
They can both offer ala carte at less than MRP and ala carte bouquets discount.
But issue will be discount terms from broadcasters. If they don't give discount distributor cannot give much discount burning his pocket.

Yes, they can offer Al-a-carte or Bouquets less than MRP. I highly doubt if they will do that, as they have to bear it.

They can both offer ala carte at less than MRP and ala carte bouquets discount.
But issue will be discount terms from broadcasters. If they don't give discount distributor cannot give much discount burning his pocket.
Yes, they can offer Al-a-carte or Bouquets less than MRP. I highly doubt if they will do that, as they have to bear it.
Atleast
TS-Star
Dish tv-Zee
Sun direct -Sun has a possibility?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock