Discussion Future of 4K in India

• Thread starter Zakhan
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 64
  • Views: Views 19,448
Because 4K TV exist in market. They want to be future proof, ready to add 4K channel when available. The picture quality is superior when you are using 4K stb with 4K TV compared to HD stb on 4K TV.

For now, there isn't any 4K channel available in India. TS added 4K channel in past and will add when it is available from broadcaster.

4K content is not limited to TV channels. You can buy 4K Blu-ray or subscribe to Netflix or other streaming services to enjoy 4K content on TV.
I know it is not limited to tv channels.. I have already other options to view 4k content.. but if I have invested in a 4K box I should get something against it.. In this forum we are specifically discussing about tv channels.. why you are diverting the issue?

Netflix is currently the best platform for watching 4K content in India. They charge for 4K plans and provide high quality 4K and 4K HDR content. Every month at least one 4K tv show is added.

@Shubh that must be the reason .people forget that channels and broadcasters are in this business for profitability and not charity

4K content is now not available on both the DTHs (Tata sky & d2h).
Tata sky & d2h have earlier given 4K feed of ICC World Cup but d2h haven't broadcasted Euro Cup and Copa America in 4K.

As far as I know Sony won't broadcast it in 4K and don't believe in that video.If it was to be broadcasted then Sony may had announced earlier.

Both DTHs have also removed their 4K channel also now...

That video is for Maldives. And yes indeed they are showing WC 18 in 4k, 10 select matches in Maldives

Last edited:
----------Post Removed----------

MOD NOTE: Post removed due to the unavailability of English translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it is not limited to tv channels.. I have already other options to view 4k content.. but if I have invested in a 4K box I should get something against it.. In this forum we are specifically discussing about tv channels.. why you are diverting the issue?
No bro at first you check this forum correctly. This forum not only for tv channels discussion, this forum belongs all matters.Check the thread title this thread related to Future of 4k, not only future of 4k tv channels.

No bro at first you check this forum correctly. This forum not only for tv channels discussion, this forum belongs all matters.Check the thread title this thread related to Future of 4k, not only future of 4k tv channels.
Ok done you know a lot about 4k.. right.. be happy now..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock