General Discussion about Airtel Digital TV- For any Help & Issues

Thank you! I had not seen the HD section. I was going through the general Airtel section.

While watching HD channels on ADTV, sometimes I can see pixelation, especially on Sony Rox HD, due to fast moving objects in songs. Is this normal or I should get better quality? I've checked TV settings and optimized them. STB is set to 1080p or 1080i, doesnt make a difference.

Infotainment Channels are excellent. Even with fast moving objects (animals in this case, though). But quality is up to the mark.

Is there a difference in HD quality across channels? My television is a Sony Bravia 32" LCD. Or do I need to tweak some settings? How much should the Sharpness level be kept at, in % ?
Expecting some help on this post of mine.
@Gobinaath bro, @iphifi bro - any advice?

While watching HD channels on ADTV, sometimes I can see pixelation, especially on Sony Rox HD, due to fast moving objects in songs. Is this normal or I should get better quality? I've checked TV settings and optimized them. STB is set to 1080p or 1080i, doesnt make a difference. Infotainment Channels are excellent. Even with fast moving objects (animals in this case, though). But quality is up to the mark.
Could be due to source video issues or signal issue. I have seen pixels once in AXN HD when they were showing low light night shots in a show called 'Scorpion' some time back. That was a source video+compression issue . If you are facing issue on all scenes/different shows then there may be some technical issue or signal issue. Last time I watched Sony Rox HD I was getting excellent PQ.

While watching HD channels on ADTV, sometimes I can see pixelation, especially on Sony Rox HD, due to fast moving objects in songs. Is this normal or I should get better quality? I've checked TV settings and optimized them. STB is set to 1080p or 1080i, doesnt make a difference.

I'm using in 1080i only bro in stb :)

Make a note on above @iphifi bro post too :)

Is there a difference in HD quality across channels? My television is a Sony Bravia 32" LCD. Or do I need to tweak some settings? How much should the Sharpness level be kept at, in % ?

No idea on sony bro some of our members using sony tv like @Bapun Raz bro and some others they will help u bro :)

Which is the best pq and sq settings for adtv hevc set top box from thailand
Set Top boxes dont provide much Configurable Settings which can tweak PQ and AQ excluding standard ones like:
Aspect Ratio: Use 16:9
Resolution: Use 1080i or 1080p (this is called Full HD - supported by ADTV for now)
Audio: Use Dolby Digital / Dolby Digital Plus / Stereo based on your TV compatibility (look for Dolby Double-D logo on your TV)

What you need to work on and experiment yourself is the Backlight, Color, Contrast, Sharpness and Color variants (Vivid / Standard) on your TV Model. It will vary across brands and make, hence cannot give a particular setting here. You need to check yourself and adjust such that you are able to get what you desire.

Backlight: Is a variant of Brightness, adjust so that your eyes are comfortable with picture brightness
Color: Adjust Color level such that the colors are not too dark and overflow, or not very bleak and dull
Contrast: Use in conjunction with above two such that the picture looks good - map it to real world viewing as close as possible
Sharpness: Use this to adjust any blurring of picture you might observe. Increasing Sharpness will reduce blur, but might increase visual "Noise"
Color Variants: Use Vivid with a HD HEVC STB and see if this suits you.

Audio: Use S-FORCE Front Surround (if available on your TV) or use Stereo - this is the best possible audio you may get.
Dolby: If your TV supports Dolby Audio, turn it on since HD HEVC supports Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus.

Hope I've helped you.

Hi bros .. While activating tamil regional free top up available in selfcare .. Will i get all tamil channels especially all sun channels.. Thanks

Audio: Use Dolby Digital / Dolby Digital Plus / Stereo based on your TV compatibility (look for Dolby Double-D logo on your TV)
Only Use Audio as DD or DD Plus if u have connected ur TV or STB to a HT.. So use Audio as STEREO if u r nt connected to HT
If u have not connected to a HT and select DD audio you will loose volume control from remote.

Even if your TV Supports Dolby, you will get Dolby effect only if u r connected to a HT

Hi bros .. While activating tamil regional free top up available in selfcare .. Will i get all tamil channels especially all sun channels.. Thanks
It is best to use Self Care from Desktop / Laptop. It gives u the option of 'View List', this will show all channels that are in the pack so you are sure of what you are subscribing too. Dont understand why airtel cant do this in MyAirtel App as well.

Link for Desktop/Laptop Selfcare login:
Airtel Login : Pay Airtel Bill Online - Login Airtel My Account

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock