DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 489
  • Views: Views 59,179

Siva

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

One of the biggest issues we face on the forum is that various threads belonging to a specific DTH brand going off topic, because of the comparisons being brought up with the other DTH brands in the same thread, and this is increasing the Moderation work quite a bit. After giving this some thought and discussing internally, we thought it's best to have a separate sticky thread to discuss about all the DTH brands without any restriction. So, here we go. In this thread you may discuss about any DTH in general like what could be their future plans, how their current business is, how their offers are, would they be undergoing name changes (!!??) etc,. If there are certain things that needs comparison, for instance Multi TV plans or DPO packs in various DTH, you may that too in this thread.

Hope this will be useful for most members of the forum, and we could avoid off-topic discussions on the sections and threads related to a specific DTH brand. As always, Thanks for your cooperation.

Cheers,
Team DDF

Tata Sky subscribers should not worry about these things, it is business decision between Star and Tata Sky... They will take appropriate decision at opportune time. Even if they charge little high it hardly matters, even members/tata sky subscribers like @Anish Pai @HitesH bhai support paying premium for good service standards . By the way all r welcome to criticise airtel on this as being their current subscriber i think such discussions r very important, unless shortcomings r overcomed... Brands cannot improve :)
Yes @dino29 we don’t have any problems in current price which respected broadcaster mentioned in their respective price of roi earlier, bye the way we are much satisfied with Tatasky’s “premium” service as mentioned by you and we much satisfy with tatasky from one day when this trai rule implied tatasky was and is only dth which carry almost I repeat almost all channels which contains in broadcaster package, I heard somewhere in our forum just today itself that Airtel will going to add pending HD channels to its platform but also not confirm on which date but at least tatasky has that channels for their subscribers on earlier days. So yes as tatasky subscribe I’m much happy and yes we are the subscribers who also criticised tatasky when ever it’s not working well don’t forget this also and I’m the one who reported that on India pak match day system of tatasky takes more time to add channel. So we are really happy for what we pay for what we want to view. Hope you gets desirable answer or wait for @Anish Pai bro to come. Last but not least tatasky is the only operator now in market with maximum pay channels with it, not like other dth who adds channels after 3 months of trai rule, it means they are looting their customers and their customers are happy for that(they enjoy operators looting police) which tatasky doesn’t do. Also one thing to mention in current market scenario there is one phrase “Jo dikhta hai wohi bikta hai” look at Tatasky’s website and Airtel’s website, look at Tatasky’s app and Airtel’s app, look at also the way Tatasky’s current graphics which they used on their home channel and promo channel and channels which there are promoting their business and look at the choice of graphics of Airtel’s all promotional channels different will see by your self and one more thing I would ike to quote our own forums number of channels list of tatasky : today itself they carry 707 channels including all and Airtel carry 611 channels which Says 96 less channels then tatasky. Tatasky is only dth which gives you +1 channels service which none of the so called dth provides. And yes in today’s competition market tatasky not at thinking about any kind of merger with any other xyz dth company’s. So yes tatasky always will be premium for their subscribers.

Yes @dino29 we don’t have any problems in current price which respected broadcaster mentioned in their respective price of roi earlier, bye the way we are much satisfied with Tatasky’s “premium” service as mentioned by you and we much satisfy with tatasky from one day when this trai rule implied tatasky was and is only dth which carry almost I repeat almost all channels which contains in broadcaster package, I heard somewhere in our forum just today itself that Airtel will going to add pending HD channels to its platform but also not confirm on which date but at least tatasky has that channels for their subscribers on earlier days. So yes as tatasky subscribe I’m much happy and yes we are the subscribers who also criticised tatasky when ever it’s not working well don’t forget this also and I’m the one who reported that on India pak match day system of tatasky takes more time to add channel. So we are really happy for what we pay for what we want to view. Hope you gets desirable answer or wait for @Anish Pai bro to come. Last but not least tatasky is the only operator now in market with maximum pay channels with it, not like other dth who adds channels after 3 months of trai rule, it means they are looting their customers and their customers are happy for that(they enjoy operators looting police) which tatasky doesn’t do. Also one thing to mention in current market scenario there is one phrase “Jo dikhta hai wohi bikta hai” look at Tatasky’s website and Airtel’s website, look at Tatasky’s app and Airtel’s app, look at also the way Tatasky’s current graphics which they used on their home channel and promo channel and channels which there are promoting their business and look at the choice of graphics of Airtel’s all promotional channels different will see by your self and one more thing I would ike to quote our own forums number of channels list of tatasky : today itself they carry 707 channels including all and Airtel carry 611 channels which Says 96 less channels then tatasky. Tatasky is only dth which gives you +1 channels service which none of the so called dth provides. And yes in today’s competition market tatasky not at thinking about any kind of merger with any other xyz dth company’s. So yes tatasky always will be premium for their subscribers.

I am delighted with ur admiration for tata sky. Glad that the company has been able to tick most of ur needs. Enjoy watching max channels at concerned price point and do keep sending appreciation / wishes to them on regular basis to keep their team motivated / cheerful. They deserve it for giving u so much happiness or should i say jingalala time.

As far i am concerned i have dth connections of 3 companies in my ranging different models of stb and i believe in presenting honest opinion / constructive criticism /valid praises as situation demands. Not touchy about such things , only condition is that statement should have solid foundation.

As far as my current active operator airtel is concerned, yes they lacked in HD channels but i won't call charging full amount for bouquet despite missing channels as blatant cheating.... Reason being they willingly refunded money for it when asked though i agree that being a responsible firm it should have been done automatically from their side.

Coming to missing channels, naah did not miss any major channels + they gave so many offers, free preview, benefits that minor negatives can be overlooked.

By the way i am glad that they did not splurge money making tata sky prison break type ads and instead offered us better deal. Even their policy of earning carriage money thru channels or ads served us well unlike tata sky which passed burden to us. Tata Sky for long provided least channels and charged maximum price, this is fact not fiction.

One point i agree is that their web designing or website interface needs improvement and this is pending for longest time. Hope they wake up asap else it will be a factor why some subscribers will ditch them. Still it has become better over last 2 years and not causing major problem as it was earlier.

Coming to final point about +1 channels, well i am so happy airtel has not followed tata sky on this. This is most worst way to waste bandwidth. Activating USB Recording would have been sufficient but they knowingly did not go for it as DVR sales will get impacted. Serials or movies r repeated day in day out, those not at home can record it or watch on OTT too.

Bhai , i don't for dikhtaa hai, biktaa hai logic ... Rather i go by what is actually offered. My aim is quality at decent price and again airtel is giving me that. U can have eyes glued to tata sky's awesome graphics on home channels or website and i am satisfied with teleshopping people appearing on home channels alongwith average graphics of airtel own promos. Normally i change home channel within few seconds or minutes and watch for what i am paying subscription :)

Last edited:
Some Recent observations :-
Despite of having SIPL on their favour as so called Partner -
1) It is very strange and wiered to find that Star New Broadcaster Bouquet have not been Updated by TS and almost 2 months have passed.
2)Newly launched 3 SIPL Channels (NGC Tamil / NGC Telugu / SS1 Marathi) not added by TS.

It seems that Honeymoon Period with ZEEL by TS has almost ended as all Newly Launched Channels Availability are Exclusive going to their rival DTH Company.

TS now also showing reluctance attitude for FTA Basic Channels also by not adding on the of Launching which previously was made on the First Day.

TS CC Executives have no idea whatsoever even most comedy part is Some New Channel names are heard very First time by them when We mention it through Chat.

May the Good Days are on the way very Soon..........

Some Recent observations :-
Despite of having SIPL on their favour as so called Partner -
1) It is very strange and wiered to find that Star New Broadcaster Bouquet have not been Updated by TS and almost 2 months have passed.
2)Newly launched 3 SIPL Channels (NGC Tamil / NGC Telugu / SS1 Marathi) not added by TS.

It seems that Honeymoon Period with ZEEL by TS has almost ended as all Newly Launched Channels Availability are Exclusive going to their rival DTH Company.

TS now also showing reluctance attitude for FTA Basic Channels also by not adding on the of Launching which previously was made on the First Day.

TS CC Executives have no idea whatsoever even most comedy part is Some New Channel names are heard very First time by them when We mention it through Chat.

May the Good Days are on the way very Soon..........
GDP growth rate of developed nations will be always less than developing.

GDP growth rate of developed nations will be always less than developing.

I think it is more related to trade war than slowness in growth rate. No developed economy would let go off opportunity to expand but here ur "developed country" is not showing interest to be on forefront, maybe even broadcasters finding it hard to agree with their terms like Samachar Plus recently admitted or Tata Sky not willing to add new pay channels by signing latest RIO as revenue margin will be reduced owing to revised rates

I think it is more related to trade war than slowness in growth rate. No developed economy would let go off opportunity to expand but here ur "developed country" is not showing interest to be on forefront, maybe even broadcasters finding it hard to agree with their terms like Samachar Plus recently admitted or Tata Sky not willing to add new pay channels by signing latest RIO as revenue margin will be reduced owing to revised rates
That's what I am saying Interest will be anyway less when there is less scope of growth. Let other nations reach the same level than we can say trade war.

That's what I am saying Interest will be anyway less when there is less scope of growth. Let other nations reach the same level than we can say trade war.

So you are saying that profit comes first than subscriber satisfaction for them? Growth opportunities r still there, just that profit margin can be rationalised/spread across broadcasters or subscribers rather than putting burden on few. Others like airtel r already leveraging / managing situation in best possible way rather than take a pause. Trade Wars start when either parties act unfair, here there is no reason to blame broadcasters or tata sky is cornered by prevailing circumstances. Only thing is that unlike earlier framework things aren't that merrier for them right now.

So you are saying that profit comes first than subscriber satisfaction for them? Growth opportunities r still there, just that profit margin can be rationalised/spread across broadcasters or subscribers rather than putting burden on few. Others like airtel r already leveraging / managing situation in best possible way rather than take a pause. Trade Wars start when either parties act unfair, here there is no reason to blame broadcasters or tata sky is cornered by prevailing circumstances. Only thing is that unlike earlier framework things aren't that merrier for them right now.
If you want to praise Airtel anyway than why to give such lame reasons !! :dodgy2: :dodgy2:
Frankly speaking after New TRAI orders for an alone user the difference on the basis of price is just useless. I think factors like VAS and customer services also comes under customer satisfaction ???

As far as my current active operator airtel is concerned, yes they lacked in HD channels but i won't call charging full amount for bouquet despite missing channels as blatant cheating.... Reason being they willingly refunded money for it when asked though i agree that being a responsible firm it should have been done automatically from their side.

Coming to missing channels, naah did not miss any major channels + they gave so many offers, free preview, benefits that minor negatives can be overlooked.

By the way i am glad that they did not splurge money making tata sky prison break type ads and instead offered us better deal. Even their policy of earning carriage money thru channels or ads served us well unlike tata sky which passed burden to us. Tata Sky for long provided least channels and charged maximum price, this is fact not fiction.

One point i agree is that their web designing or website interface needs improvement and this is pending for longest time. Hope they wake up asap else it will be a factor why some subscribers will ditch them. Still it has become better over last 2 years and not causing major problem as it was earlier.

Coming to final point about +1 channels, well i am so happy airtel has not followed tata sky on this. This is most worst way to waste bandwidth. Activating USB Recording would have been sufficient but they knowingly did not go for it as DVR sales will get impacted. Serials or movies r repeated day in day out, those not at home can record it or watch on OTT too.

Bhai , i don't for dikhtaa hai, biktaa hai logic ... Rather i go by what is actually offered. My aim is quality at decent price and again airtel is giving me that. U can have eyes glued to tata sky's awesome graphics on home channels or website and i am satisfied with teleshopping people appearing on home channels alongwith average graphics of airtel own promos. Normally i change home channel within few seconds or minutes and watch for what i am paying subscription :)
Tata Sky also shows ads on home Channel and that's not new. If you want Ads on website and app too just like Airtel then that's not gonna happen as we are on Tata Sky for Clean and Nice experience.

Tata Sky gives fluid experience everywhere on Website, app, STB and they also have undoubtedly best customer service and that's why their Users Love them.

Airtel is not advertising about their DTH because their main focus in Telecom and everyone knows that Airtel advertises about Airtel 4G.

Which offers and Free previews you are talking about, I have checked DTH of the month Threat and ADTV had not a single offer, In fact Tata sky provides 2 weekly offers JSAT and Jingalala Afternoon, Tata sky also gave Showcase Channels both HD and SD for free last month and at 50% discount this month.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock