DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 489
  • Views: Views 59,205
If you want to praise Airtel anyway than why to give such lame reasons !! :dodgy2: :dodgy2:
Frankly speaking after New TRAI orders for an alone user the difference on the basis of price is just useless. I think factors like VAS and customer services also comes under customer satisfaction ???

First u comnected this with theory of devloping nation getting at par with Tata Sky which according to u is developed nation and its okay to not add channels instantly (slow growth rate as quoted by u). I am not praising but giving response in ur style of reasoning. U should have clarified brother and given hard facts rather than diverting into completely different arena. I like calling out things as they are rather than hiding behind lame excuses so as to favour or criticise brands. It's another matter that constructive criticism of tata sky is not taken well by certain quarters in this forum.

Coming to ur point regarding price, well i did not refer to prices applicable to us but was trying to tell that previous framework had much bigger opportunity for operators to have large profit margins and Tata Sky has been greatly impacted by recent changes

First u comnected this with theory of devloping nation getting at par with Tata Sky which according to u is developed nation and its okay to not add channels instantly (slow growth rate as quoted by u). I am not praising but giving response in ur style of reasoning. U should have clarified brother and given hard facts rather than diverting into completely different arena. I like calling out things as they are rather than hiding behind lame excuses so as to favour or criticise brands. It's another matter that constructive criticism of tata sky is not taken well by certain quarters in this forum.

Coming to ur point regarding price, well i did not refer to prices applicable to us but was trying to tell that previous framework had much bigger opportunity for operators to have large profit margins and Tata Sky has been greatly impacted by recent changes
You have a habit of getting it wrong and them writing essays to make it right.

My whole comment was for the channel addition condition. Obviously, a DTH having less channels will add more compare to a DTH having already that all. Same happened with TS during 2013-15 when they were lacking. You cannot expect from TS to add 6-8 HD channels like earlier.

Last edited:
You have a habit of getting it wrong and them writing essays to make it right.

My whole comment was for the channel addition condition. Obviously, a DTH having less channels will add more compare to a DTH having already that all. Same happened with TS during 2013-15 when they were lacking. You cannot expect from TS to add 6-8 HD channels like earlier.

Just go thru entire sequence of posts and see who got context wrong. Infact @asgworldindia bhai was highlighting issue of pending channels not being shown much interest by tata sky , he did not say that tata sky should add 8 or 10 HD channels. There was no connection between his statement and ur answer there itself. Instead of simply accepting the delay u started pinpointing to other operators for being behind hence not according major importance to recent addition by airtel. So did i get wrong or there was definitely case of misplaced attention from ur side? U went further to defend tata sky that they r right in not adding channels bcoz it does not have much scope of growth, fact is growth cannot just be based on extracting max margin from each individual or broadcaster and volume plays key role in larger segments barring niche ones.

You r right that subscriber satisfaction depends on variety of focal points but here we were stressing on one of shortcomings which can cause concern for subscribers. We know Tata Sky provides excellent service, products but at same time highlighting drawbacks is also extremely significant and does not count as being unfair :)

TS added bulk SD and HD channel additions in 2015/16/17/18. Pls check old posts u will get details.

TS as if now has reached to the point of maximum number of channels. Hence u can't expect them to add bulk,as they already have.
Hence they will add 1-2 channels as and when they are launched.

Just go thru entire sequence of posts and see who got context wrong. Infact @asgworldindia bhai was highlighting issue of pending channels not being shown much interest by tata sky , he did not say that tata sky should add 8 or 10 HD channels. There was no connection between his statement and ur answer there itself. Instead of simply accepting the delay u started pinpointing to other operators for being behind hence not according major importance to recent addition by airtel. So did i get wrong or there was definitely case of misplaced attention from ur side? U went further to defend tata sky that they r right in not adding channels bcoz it does not have much scope of growth, fact is growth cannot just be based on extracting max margin from each individual or broadcaster and volume plays key role in larger segments barring niche ones.

You r right that subscriber satisfaction depends on variety of focal points but here we were stressing on one of shortcomings which can cause concern for subscribers. We know Tata Sky provides excellent service, products but at same time highlighting drawbacks is also extremely significant and does not count as being unfair :)
Are bhaiya I am not saying TS is the best DTH PLEASE bare me 🙏 🙏 I am neither defending it.

My comment was based on the basis of DTH performance in the last 2 years.

You will not understand the fact as you see only from your one eye.

Last edited:
Things I want for DTH companies.
1. I want to ask something to Tata Sky. Us English music lover only has one true international music channel. Please make the priority to add it. I still can't digest the fact that 9X Media is willing to pay for 4 channels but am being cheapskate for the other 2 channels.
2. I also request all DTH operators to get old MGM cartoons and TV asahi cartoons as VAS services. We are more interested in Tom and Jerry and Kochikame than watching dance classes and vedic maths. On demand Animes should also be considered.
3. Also removed the watermarks. No one likes it. It doesn't matter whether Tata Sky has a good looking one. Or Sun Direct has it on middle of the screen. It's ridiculous. We already have to deal with flashy logos from TV networks. Don't need more useless things on screen.

I am delighted with ur admiration for tata sky. Glad that the company has been able to tick most of ur needs. Enjoy watching max channels at concerned price point and do keep sending appreciation / wishes to them on regular basis to keep their team motivated / cheerful. They deserve it for giving u so much happiness or should i say jingalala time.

As far i am concerned i have dth connections of 3 companies in my ranging different models of stb and i believe in presenting honest opinion / constructive criticism /valid praises as situation demands. Not touchy about such things , only condition is that statement should have solid foundation.

As far as my current active operator airtel is concerned, yes they lacked in HD channels but i won't call charging full amount for bouquet despite missing channels as blatant cheating.... Reason being they willingly refunded money for it when asked though i agree that being a responsible firm it should have been done automatically from their side.

Coming to missing channels, naah did not miss any major channels + they gave so many offers, free preview, benefits that minor negatives can be overlooked.

By the way i am glad that they did not splurge money making tata sky prison break type ads and instead offered us better deal. Even their policy of earning carriage money thru channels or ads served us well unlike tata sky which passed burden to us. Tata Sky for long provided least channels and charged maximum price, this is fact not fiction.

One point i agree is that their web designing or website interface needs improvement and this is pending for longest time. Hope they wake up asap else it will be a factor why some subscribers will ditch them. Still it has become better over last 2 years and not causing major problem as it was earlier.

Coming to final point about +1 channels, well i am so happy airtel has not followed tata sky on this. This is most worst way to waste bandwidth. Activating USB Recording would have been sufficient but they knowingly did not go for it as DVR sales will get impacted. Serials or movies r repeated day in day out, those not at home can record it or watch on OTT too.

Bhai , i don't for dikhtaa hai, biktaa hai logic ... Rather i go by what is actually offered. My aim is quality at decent price and again airtel is giving me that. U can have eyes glued to tata sky's awesome graphics on home channels or website and i am satisfied with teleshopping people appearing on home channels alongwith average graphics of airtel own promos. Normally i change home channel within few seconds or minutes and watch for what i am paying subscription :)
Ts policy to have +1 is may be worst for you but for carrying +1 channels and also having all HD and Sd channels is one of the major plus point of ts. They have bandwidth capacity for both +1 channels as well as all necessary HD and Sd channels. You mentioned usb recording feature of Airtel but is it free for all? Does everyone know how to record? While ts giving this facility as +1 channels. Now you also mentioned ott before Jio introduces in 4g market do you use ott platform to watch miss out episodes? How many use ott platform to watch miss out episodes? Majority public watches original content of various brand on ott platform just not to watch miss out episodes. Be clear on this.

You all Airtel subscribers should say thank you to “trai” for introducing new trai rule for dth, for that rule now Airtel is forced to add all pending HD and Sd channels. If Airtel is so much premium as per your view then why Airtel didn’t provide that channels before trai rule while ts having them before too. Don’t be happy for Airtel for adding HD and sd channels but be happy for trai.

And yes my eyes always glued on awesome graphics of ts because I’m playing to watch neat and clean as well as premium content on ts. And don’t like to waste my money on average or dull things offered by anyone else. Because my money matters.

Last edited:
On one can match the TS customer care experience. I am speaking on what I have experienced. It's top notch.

But that doesn't mean I speak bad about others.

Apart from Your valuable comments @HitesH Bhai @dino29 Bhai and by not going in comparison with any DTH individually but as far TATA|sky Subscriber for almost 8 to 9 years , again Some Observations for Recent Activities:-

1) Yes it is Daylight Fact that TS complies with almost 700+ TV Channels and carrying all Important Broadcaster Bouquet in new TRAI Regime but still some of are missing like:- Fy1TV 18 HD which is doing very well in terms of Baarc / Colors Bangla Cinema and may be other like 2 or 3 which have been included in the Bouquet by the Broadcaster but missing on the Platform as well as in Bouquet.

2)Delaying in Signing New RIO Agreement with the Broadcaster which sometimes create unnecessary Confusion & unhappiness among Viewers. Example :- Turners New HD Bouquet is still missing where all SD + HD Channels are included. Individually HBO HD price should be reduced now at Rs.12/- but it is still Rs.15/-. So by these Subscribers post TRAI era are suffering.

3)As I mentioned earlier New Star India Bouquets where Disney Channels are included still pending for signing RIO Agreement by TS for a long 2 months. And So Viewers are being Deprived of NGC Telugu / NGC Tamil / SS1 Marathi.

4)Newly launched ZEEL Channels are putting on Hold by TS end nowadays. When they signed RIO Agreement for Zee Classic inclusion at that time the Promo of &Xplor HD was launched and TS Backend Team was aware of the Launch of it. So they should go with the Full Revised RIO Agreement Signed & Sealed the Deal and provide the Niche Channel on the very First day just like they did for LF HD and & Prive HD.
Now again it will take 2 months to enter Agreement and provide & Xplore HD just like Zee Classic incident happens.

5)Even for B4U Channel addition TS Backend Team have taken too much time to discuss or rather negotiate with Carriage Fee. Same will happen for Upcoming Show Box & M Tunes+ addition. But these can be sorted out very smartly and Quickly.

It is completely unfair to Compare A with B or with C DTH as all have some Plus and Minus Points.

Agreed with @HitesH Bhai that +1 HD Service Channels for GEC is needed for Many who are not well aware of OTT Platforms so thus make Senses.
Again Agreed with @dino29 Bhai that +1 HD Service Channels for Movie Genre is not required as all Movies are used to Repeat very Frequently on each & every Channel.

But Yes as terms for Self care App Modification of Packages TS Rocks in all Terms.

But the Policy and Terms Making Team of TS should think of Subscribers First than ARPU or other things.

Again wait till the Launch Announcement of Jio GF Service and hopefully We can observe some Storm (Just like Telecom Sector) in terms of Package - Pricing - Service and above all Channel Inclusion.

Until then Do Whatever all DTH Company want to do.

We are waiting..........still Waiting...........

TS added bulk SD and HD channel additions in 2015/16/17/18. Pls check old posts u will get details.

TS as if now has reached to the point of maximum number of channels. Hence u can't expect them to add bulk,as they already have.
Hence they will add 1-2 channels as and when they are launched.

Well we r not discussing whether tata sky needs to add bulk HD channels, point of debate is different.

By the way u can surf thru old posts from 2013 to 2016 then u might think of me siding with d2h or tata sky. Reality is i have stated what actually holds true at any given instance, please don't look at it thru wrong prism.

I am currently using airtel hence it will feature more in my posts but that does not mean i have no knowledge or can't comment about other operators wherein necessary.

I would be happiest if dish d2h, tata sky, sun direct, airtel all work on providing best service at all fronts , subscribers get what they wish for and constant scaling up happens to enhance offerings or experience :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock