Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Union information and broadcasting ministry secretary Amit Khare has said that lack of regulation on Telecom Service Providers (TSPs) entering broadcast media was a valid concern, and indicated thinking on measures to prevent such monopolies and in distribution.

Speaking here on Thursday at a seminar organised by the Union industry ministry and the World Intellectual Property Organization, he said: “A DTH company can’t own more than 20% in a TV broadcasting company and vice versa, but the 20%rule is not there for TSPs —it’s a concern”, also adding later that “there is no control on TSPs and they have already entered broadcasting”.

I&B secretary wary of telcos entering broadcasting

Do you know that our very own Sony TV is the 10th-most-subscribed YouTube channel in the world? :cheers::cheers: In this list many people will know the No. 2, but note also that Zee Music Company is No. 25 and Zee TV is No. 42.

What:skd: i was not knowing this:hello: may be because of KBC most users have subscribed it:huh:
Main reason of that is Crime Patrol and the dirty still image they post for the video just like some cheap channels post in order to get more views & subscribers :p
See Just like this
eXccTdx.png

I feel Star Gold Select is not being given that much attention nowadays. It does not show 2018 movies like Baaghi 2, Sanju and Stree. Only from 2017 or before (Aiyaary is the only exception). Earlier every new movie premiered on Star Plus/Gold would also be premiered on Star Gold Select. Not any more. SGS has never shown Sanju even once. The same will be the case with Badhaai Ho whenever it gets premiered.

Last edited:
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has directed all broadcasters and distributors of TV channel to refrain from placing any registered TV channel whose rating is being measured on the landing page or the bootup screen with immediate effect.

The authority said that the direction has to be implemented in all cases by 31 March 2019. However, in the case of previously entered agreements, efforts may be made to implement these directions as soon as possible.

TRAI issues fresh direction against placement of TV channels on landing page - TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock