Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Throwback Friday: Exactly 6 years ago, on 21 June 2013 (also a Friday) at 9pm, Sony Sab became colourful for the first time. As a refresher, some snaps of those graphics are being attached here. Such a shame we never got to see this in HD. :cf2:
I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THAT MUSIC! :love: :cheers: :kiss2: Childhood memories come flooding back whenever I hear it (I was 13 at the time). The countdown timer and music starts from the 2:50 mark.

Source

latest

latest
latest
latest
latest

SAB TV revamps channel look and feel
SAB TV breathes fresh air
sab tv.!

Last edited:
Throwback Friday: Exactly 6 years ago, on 21 June 2013 (also a Friday) at 9pm, Sony Sab became colourful for the first time. As a refresher, some snaps of those graphics are being attached here. Such a shame we never got to see this in HD. :cf2:
I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THAT MUSIC! :love: :cheers: :kiss2:

latest

latest
latest
latest
latest

sab tv.!
This is the best graphics they ever had.

Reading News on the other Thread on Satellite & Digital Rights of Hindi Movie News - Very much agreed by the views by @JollyLNB & @dino29 Bhai.

One Suggestion that SPN can look & decide in accordance.

SPN can revamp completely their One of Movie Channel "Sony Wah" into HD channel and either name it "Sony Wah HD" or "Sony Max 2 HD" and start telecasting Pure Bollywood Titles with Classic & 90's Hindi Movies for full long day by avoiding South Dubbed titles which will be kept Reserved to Sony Max & Sony Max HD. Already started Twitting to their respective Handles.

But doubted that after the failure of recently launched Zee Classic (according Baarc Ratings + Poor Distribution strategy) no Big House will take that risk to restart their Portfolio like Newbies.

Well actually Zee Bollywood is not performing badly, i guess u r assuming this bcoz it does not reflect in top 5 channels of BARC Ratings.

Actually Top Channels r usually those which air latest movies , these fetch much higher impressions than what even a telecast of a dated hit movie would do. This gigantic gap makes all the difference, Zee Bollywood is getting decent ratings and serving the purpose well.

What surprises me is that Sony Wah, Star Utsav Movies, Colors Cineplex are not able to score high despite shifting gears to latest content. This means subscribers of private cable or dth operators are not showing interest towards them. This is surely cause of concern, these broadcasters were aiming to attract Free Dish subscribers towards private platforms but things have turned on their heads. Infact those in rural areas having access to private platforms r also not tuning in these channels, this is why Sony Max or Zee Cinema r appearing in bottom 2 ranks on rural charts.

I am not talking about Zee Bollywood @dino29 Bhai.

I have mentioned about recently launched Zee Classic which is in reality becoming a FLOP offer from ZEEL.

I don't know what was going in ZEEL's mind on time of launching of Zee Classic that they adopted so poor Marketing & Distribution Strategy to offer this Channel to DPOS. They very adamantly went with Exxclusive Deal with Airtel & adtv also nailed the Deal because ADTV does not have any Classic Hindi Movies Service Channel. And then ZEEL went on asking the Subscribers to create pressure by demanding Zee Classic on various DPOS instead of approaching directly. And now We all are watching the result. Some LCO MSO added but it was very late for a Newbie to create any impression on subscribers mind. With repeated Movie Library and Very Pathetic Marketing Strategy now Zee Classic is struggling to mark it's impressions with Love in Subscribers as well as DPOS mind. Even Twitting & Writing Emails to ZEEL to add Zee Classic on other DTH platform - They now blaming all DTH DPOS (Except adtv) to not to carry Zee Classic. Instead of rectifying their Poor Strategy ZEEL repeatedly misbehaving with other DPOS.

●●According to DPO Market Rumours Same thing is going to happen with &Xplore HD which will be again an Exxclusive offering to adtv subscribers.

On the Other hand Zee Bollywood also not catering their Full Bollywood Library for the Channel but showing limited Movies by repeating every alternate Day and added Salt on the Wound Zee Bollywood repeatedly used to Chop the Songs and Cuts various Scenes & Dialogues to accomodate Advertisement which really a irritating part to watch a Movie.

I personally think there was no need to revamp Zee Classic with Zee Bollywood though they can revamp old Zee Classic with newly looked Zee Classic.

------------------------------
P.S :- I think We should start a New Thread Where We can discuss about Past-Present-Future of Hindi Movie Channels in India asap. What to say @dino29 & @JollyLNB Bhai?

I am not talking about Zee Bollywood @dino29 Bhai.
They very adamantly went with Exxclusive Deal with Airtel & adtv also nailed the Deal because ADTV does not have any Classic Hindi Movies Service Channel. @dino29 & @JollyLNB Bhai?
Bro One Information ADTV Have Classic Hindi Movie & Music Service Channel Since Long Time Called Airtel Sadabahar Hitz.

Ohh!!.... Sorry @Riddhiman Bhai for correcting the Info. Recently I'm not aware of this Service Channel as found no mention in the current times.
Sincere Apology 🙏.........
Bro no need to tell sorry. I just share information. Its not a big deal. Yes this service channel is not so popular, so no mention in current times. Since years this service channel launched, but till I am also not subscribe it for a single day.

Good News!

Sony Mix started playing some songs in 16:9 aspect ratio, more happy as these include songs from retro era too. This means they r gradually making transition, they cannot change overnight as programming + ads r scheduled well in advance in their system. I am quite sure in next few weeks it will be extended across all time bands. Have been sharing feedback regarding this since long time , happy that they have absorbed it and finally implementing it :)

Yes - Sony Mix is absorving the habit to telecast in 16:9 ratio and now in 2019 edge timings they should do it before at the timing of shutting down of Sony Rox HD. Instead of launching separate HD feed - Broadcaster can easily start their transmission in near future and I think as previously mentioned by @dino29 Bhai that Sony is leading this path and converted their Broadcast Ratio in SD Broadcast of Sony Pix , Sony SAB , Sony , Axn & now partially Sony Mix.
From ZEEL only Zee Anmol using their Logo and Program Telecast in 16:9 along with partially Zee TV SD.

Apart from this another observation coming is from UTV HD front. From past 5 to 6 days it is on the card that the movies showing on UTV Action are almost simulcasting on UTV HD. Only thing is the Telecast Timings difference. The Movie starting on UTV Action at 10 am and on UTV HD at 10.30 am. Rest are same mirror show on the both.
So another Pure Bollywood with Hollywood Dubbed in Hindi Movie Channel ruined with all South Masala Dubbed Action Movies. What will be the Future for Pure Bollywood Film Lovers in upcoming days ???

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock