Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

That's true, but the UTV brand has some equity with it. It has been there since the 1990s and it was the owner of Vijay TV from 1998 to 2001.

You are right, @Dipjyoti Roy and @Raju lal, in the sense that UTV Movies and UTV HD are (apparently) named after UTV Motion Pictures, while Sony Pix is not named after Columbia Pictures. But there are two points to note. First, as you mentioned, UTV Motion Pictures has shut down. Second, the parent company is UTV Software Communications, which is responsible for the UTV brand (not the movie studio).
Okay. But, why did Disney drop UTV name from Bindass?

In any case, even though Uday Shankar is the Asia-Pacific president of Disney, he is much more concerned about his long-time network (Star) than Bindass. Don't expect Bindass to be integrated with Star.
Admitting everything. I just shared my hope about it in my first post. It will be possible only if Star have willingness to do so. Anyway there is no technical or other problem to make it happen. Integrating Bindass to Star is easy as like picking a flower.
Also note that I have no contrain about making Bindass a Star brand. Just rebrand it and enrich it with more contents using Star's library.

Last edited:
Next quarter also Star is losing money. Why do you need to do so much self promotion? They utilised more than half of their advertising slot on same in-house sports' Kabaddi and One Championship ads on repeat. That's now how you gain customers or make money.

@Vadirocks bro please try to get some info regarding future of Baby TV HD. Getting indication that this will be dropped from Star /Disney India portfolio and Disney HD will take its place which will air mix of Disney Kids Channels content

@Vadirocks bro please try to get some info regarding future of Baby TV HD. Getting indication that this will be dropped from Star /Disney India portfolio and Disney HD will take its place which will air mix of Disney Kids Channels content
Disney HD will complete the kids' HD portfolio with one HD channel from each of the main kids' broadcasters (Turner, Viacom18 and Disney).

Now UTV Action is becoming the Hindi version of Star Movies. Avengers, Solo Marvel movies, Titanic, Black Panther etc is airing. Soon Home Alone, Baby's Day out...etc may join🤗

Yes, all thanks to Disney who will give greater push to its content across channels . There is high possibility of one such channel catering to all dubbed hollywood content or separate channels for regular stuff and kids movies which again have shown growth. Lot of changes will happen soon in different genres where Disney/Star operate

Seeing a very unusual trend on Zee Hindi Movie Cluster. They have dedicated channel for Classic Movies but strangely many of these films r airing frequently on Zee Bollywood and Zee Anmol Cinema. This makes much of the appeal of Zee Classic lose ground, what is point of having an exclusive destination for retro cinema when same content can be watched on other channels too? Won't it negatively impact demand and restrict its already limited distribution.

Zee should employ this strategy for hindi movie channels

Z Bollywood - Movies from 2000 to 2016
Z Anmol Cinema - 80's and 90's films
Z Classic - Cinema from 50's to mid 80's
And Pictures - Mix Of Latest Bollywood & Dubbed Hollywood (which is quite minimal right now)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock