Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

The broadcaster, which has managed to bring more than 40 advertisers on television, is estimated to have clocked close to Rs 200 crore in advertising revenue. The 2014 edition of FIFA World Cup fetched the network Rs 100 crore of ad revenue.

“The response to the tournament has been outstanding. The average rate of 10 second long ad spot was over Rs 6 lakh which is quite an encouraging figure,” said Rohit Gupta, president - network sales and international business, Sony Pictures Networks (SPN).

Sony earned Rs 200 crore ad revenue from FIFA World Cup
For what cost they bagged it?

Is this the first season and Why don't Sony aath go for it? KBC is owned and produced by Sony.
Sony Aath is a useless channel, telecasting only dubbed shows from Sony like, Aahat, Aadaalat, CID & airs some locally produced animated shows, nothing else.
I want Sony should shut down this channel or rebrand it as Sony Bangla with new fiction or non-fiction shows soon.

Sony Aath is a useless channel, telecasting only dubbed shows from Sony like, Aahat, Aadaalat, CID & airs some locally produced animated shows, nothing else.
I want Sony should shut down this channel or rebrand it as Sony Bangla with new fiction or non-fiction shows soon.
It means currently Sony doesn't have a good team in Bangla.For doing fiction /nonfiction they can do it in Sony aath itself earlier.Firstly they should invest more money there with or without re-branding.
What about KBC marathi(As per Wikipedia I saw Etv marathi telecasted it) ? If Sony Marathi introduce KBC there it will be a great take off for them.

Last edited:
Doordarshan (TRP) during each
of the last three years and the current year

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock