Good News GTPL close to signing content deals with major broadcasters

Sai Jai

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Cable TV and broadband service provider GTPL Hathway is close to signing content deals with leading broadcasters including ZEEL and Star India. The deals are on a fixed fee basis and the MSO has given 10-15% growth to the broadcasters.

Talking to analysts, GTPL Hathway MD Anirudhsinh Jadeja said that the negotiations have been completed while documentation work will get completed before March. He didn’t name the broadcasters with whom deals have been concluded.

“The negotiations with four, five broadcasters have been completed. I think before 31st March we will close the 2018-2019 commercial agreements. Already the commercial discussion is closed but documentation side will be closed at around 31st March,” Jadeja said.

GTPL close to signing content deals with major broadcasters

Good for GTPL Hathway users.Its good to see they have agreed to hike in 10-15% to broadcasters.This means all the new channels will make way on the plaform.Hope Dth operators take lessons from this.

Dishtv not coming on the same page with Sony and Star and Recently Star notice to Airtel and customers suffering due to this specially Dishtv where Sony Ten 2 HD and Sony Ten 3 HD still missing with many important channels.

Dishtv not coming on the same page with Sony and Star and Recently Star notice to Airtel and customers suffering due to this specially Dishtv where Sony Ten 2 HD and Sony Ten 3 HD still missing with many important channels.
I don't think so bro

Coz broadcasting agreement is same for all if anything goes wrong then appropriate broadcaster network issue notice to appropriate dth or cable networks

We saw many notice issued to Hathway , gtpl , siti etc... Same like DTH nothing partiality in that all are same only in business :)

I don't think so bro

Coz broadcasting agreement is same for all if anything goes wrong then appropriate broadcaster network issue notice to appropriate dth or cable networks

We saw many notice issued to Hathway , gtpl , siti etc... Same like DTH nothing partiality in that all are same only in business :)

Yes bro Notice is OK I know as in case of Airtel but in case of Dishtv ,Sony and Dishtv are not coming on the same page regarding the agreement and the entire SA tour I missed watching on HD. Also its now 1 year Sony Rox HD,Sony Ten2 Hd ,Sony Ten3 Hd is yet to land on Dishtv along with other channels.

According to this report gtpl has 83 hd channels but we are getting only 64 channels

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock