Help required : Queries regarding Internet TV

AM_digtalTV

Reaction score
I am thinking of an upgrade and hence have some doubts regarding Internet TV features. Please answer.

1. Does it have forward/rewind feature ? I cannot see the same buttons in online pictures of the remote control (which are clearly present in normal Recording remotes).
2. Now that Cloud recording has been activated, how does one instruct the STB whether to record via Cloud or via External Drive ? Or will henceforth recording via USB devices no more be possible and the only option being cloud recording ?
3. Now that it's been several months since the launch is the STB software stable ? Does it give frequent errors/ reboots ? I am asking about airtel TV part (not Android experience) since my parents will mostly be using TV part only.
4. Does it show account balance/validity/recharge due date on TV itself like other STBs ?
5. Does the voice feature require voice training ? Will it work for voices of several members in the family ?

1. Does it have forward/rewind feature ? I cannot see the same buttons in online pictures of the remote control (which are clearly present in normal Recording remotes).
Forward/rewind option is available on screen when you are watching a recorded program.
2. Now that Cloud recording has been activated, how does one instruct the STB whether to record via Cloud or via External Drive ? Or will henceforth recording via USB devices no more be possible and the only option being cloud recording ?
You can select from the settings what is your default recording destination. Many channels are available for recording on pen drive only.
3. Now that it's been several months since the launch is the STB software stable ? Does it give frequent errors/ reboots ? I am asking about airtel TV part (not Android experience) since my parents will mostly be using TV part only.
Overall it's stable. Many time errors occurred like any other boxes.
4. Does it show account balance/validity/recharge due date on TV itself like other STBs ?
Yes, it shows all of this information.
5. Does the voice feature require voice training ? Will it work for voices of several members in the family ?
It recognise indian accent easily. Some time you need to mute the TV while using voice commands. Though touch pad of remote require little practice.

Happy viewing.

Forward/rewind option is available on screen when you are watching a recorded program.
You can select from the settings what is your default recording destination. Many channels are available for recording on pen drive only.
Overall it's stable. Many time errors occurred like any other boxes.
Yes, it shows all of this information.
It recognise indian accent easily. Some time you need to mute the TV while using voice commands. Though touch pad of remote require little practice.

Happy viewing.
Thank you so much for the detailed responses. So I assume (like the on screen colour hot keys available on screen using keyboard key) the forward / rewind buttons will be activated on the screen on demand when playing back recorded content.

Last edited:
How much data consumption per hour for HDode operation of TV through broadband? What is the bandwidth required for operating TV through broadband?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock