Help: Signal Lock in Tata Sky after Master Reset

• Thread starter jdev
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 17
  • Views: Views 225,210

jdev

Reaction score
My tatasky was having signal issues in some channels for last few days. As per the directions obtained from the technician, I have turned the LNB so that there was no signal problem and everything works perfect.

But yesterday, when I turned on The STB, "no signal screen" was showing. I was unable to watch even a single channel. I have performed a "Master Reset" and STB was restarted. Selected language as English, Select LNB parameters as it is and select Satellite INSAT 4A-14 then I get a "Signal Lock Screen". Signal Strength=100% Signal Quality=80%. No further options are available.

Is there anyway I can sort out this problem myself and view channels.

Thanks in advance.

Problem solved temporarily

My problem got solved by readjusting the LNB. Adjust/Turn the LNB till "Tata Sky" text is shown under the "lock symbol" in screen shot I have posted. It may be not near the current LNB setting. Now adjust the LNB such that signal quality is maximum.

My problem got solved temporarily. But in regional channels "Signal Quality" is 10% and for hindi/english entertainment channels is 50-60%. But I dont know whether I was able to receive any signals from vertical polarity as I changed the LNB position. After all something is better than nothing.

Already reported to Tatasky and expecting a technician visit. Everyone in tatasky is facing this issue , so I think immediate help is not available. Now just able to watch channels after two days of "No Signal".

Is there anyway I can improve "Signal Quality" as someone say higher signal quality is good

Finally, I would like to thank all of you for the help and support you provided.

Update:
Finally technician from tatasky came without satellite finder meter after one and a half months since "No signal" issue is reported. He suggested me a dish upgrade which cost around 700-800 to sort all the problems because I was using older dish which is smaller.

Anyone using tatasky old dish having this problem. How much it actually cost for dish upgrade?

I think its time to get rid of this crap. Now waiting for the semi annual pack to expire and remaining balances to be over.

someone please help him but guys please listen don't change any settings of your lnb or stb just because you want to see GSAT-10 tps on your stb instead of INSAT. Change the settings or master reset only if you are expert in these things.

wewake said:
someone please help him but guys please listen don't change any settings of your lnb or stb just because you want to see GSAT-10 tps on your stb instead of INSAT. Change the settings or master reset only if you are expert in these things.

yes bro

Gssran said:
Post a ss what was screen showing at last.

2cxxand.jpg

I cannot move further but i can go back. If the STB turned off and again turned on "First Time Installation Setting" Screen comes. N other option available.

Don't worry brother i am also faced same problem today but i solved it by keeping the lnb position as before .If not solved upload dish SS .

rajendrakumar1977 said:
Don't worry brother i am also faced same problem today but i solved it by keeping the lnb position as before .If not solved upload dish SS .

Now I have read on web that Tatasky has switched off vertical polarity from yesterday. I think, after adjusting the LNB I get signals from Vertical Polarity only and signal from horizontal polarity was gone. After they switching off vertical polarity, I have left with "no signal", I think. But i did master reset and "first time installation settings" didnt finish and how to get rid of that. Hope that adjusting the LNB will help.

Same problem faced to me but today technician come my house & solved the problem.

jdev bro,please contact cc for complaint & cc will send the techinician :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock