• Welcome to DreamDTH.com - an online community for the television and tech enthusiasts!

Please Register or Login yourself to ask a question, participate in a discussion.

Honor View 20 - World's First Inscreen Camera Smartphone

Homer

Registered
As usual they will skip features like CA in Indian version.

DTH Fan

Dream Pro
I have started wondering why people are liking/admiring the punch-hole camera over the water-drop notch? The water-drop notch is displayed in the top-center which will irritate lesser than a punch-hole camera at left or right side.

I wonder how will games, videos and other apps look when a black circle will show on left or right covering text, etc?

Sarkar

Dream Legend
I have started wondering why people are liking/admiring the punch-hole camera over the water-drop notch? The water-drop notch is displayed in the top-center which will irritate lesser than a punch-hole camera at left or right side.

I wonder how will games, videos and other apps look when a black circle will show on left or right covering text, etc?
Notch is a very bad design. It's not liking, it's a step in a diection towards underdisplay camera. People already managed to put speaker/fingureprint under the display so only camera left. In a year or so we will not see any hole/notch on front side of phone. It will be 100% screen. Camea wil be hidden under OLED panel.

DTH Fan

Dream Pro
Notch is a very bad design. It's not liking, it's a step in a diection towards underdisplay camera. People already managed to put speaker/fingureprint under the display so only camera left. In a year or so we will not see any hole/notch on front side of phone. It will be 100% screen. Camea wil be hidden under OLED panel.
But a small waterdrop notch in top-center is far better than a punch-hole camera.

Siva

Staff member
Dream SMOD
It's all because of obsession to create a true full screen display. They are trying multiple things and mostly failing. As soon as the leaks started appearing that Samsung is coming with Infinity O, a punch hole display (!!!???) Huawei was quick to grab the opportunity and releasing their phone with this tech first, doesn't matter how bad it looks, they are the first LOL! First we have seen the notch, last year we have seen pop up cameras and water drop/dew drop notches, this year it's punch holes, and no one knows whats next, they would probably make a hole at the center of the screen and say center hole display.

Fingerprint and Speaker were easy to keep under display, because they don't deal with light, but for a Camera, light is essential and it's not going to be easy hiding it under a display!

To me personally, Yes the small notch (Water Drop/Dew Drop) looks better among all these IMO and this punch hole is the oddest of the lot, I mean what a place to make a hole, that too a glowing hole:lol::lol:!!

Top Bottom